1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Request for Refund of $100 Cafe Donation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RichNY, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichNY

RichNY Guest

While the Cafe has the right to censor content and discussions at their discretion I no longer feel that is is worthy of my present and future financial contributions.

2. So, if you make a donation to the United Way or some other charity, and then later decide you don't agree with their work, do you expect to get a refund from them? Sorry you're upset, but a: you shouldn't expect them to refund a voluntary donation you made sometime prior to today, and b: this probably would have been better suited for a PM to the administrator.

3. RichNY

RichNY Guest

If you believe that this is an issue that is between me and the moderators I am confused as to why you felt a need to chime in? :rolleyes: 

4. I would agree that a PM would be more appropriate; you choose to air it out in public, don't be surprised when others post with said opinion.

5. Maybe, if you don't like the Cafe anymore, just don't make any donations to it in the future. That seems a little more reasonable then asking for a refund of a past donation(s).

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    If we take up a collection and pay you off will you promise to stop complaining so much ?

7. I always find it quite silly when people get upset at people who disagree with them on internet forums. Is it not the point? To post something and get other people's opinions on the matter? If you wanted it to stay between you and the moderators then you should've used PMs.

IBTL.

8. RichNY

RichNY Guest

I'm honestly not surprised or upset by Medic's post; I am sure many others will share his opinion.

I have no doubt that $100 is as insignificant to Patrick as it is to me. My public request is more about showing my feelings about many behind the scenes decisions that are made and the frustration that the many PMs that I have exchanged with some members of the moderation time were ultimately an exercise in futility.

Whether or not my donation is refunded is not the issue. I am content with just sending the message that at least one contributing member is not happy with the decisions being made, no more, no less. I'm sure you already noticed that I made a request and not a demand.

9. Rich, I think you bring a lot to the Cafe and personally I enjoy you comments generally. However as this is a private forum run with rules and guidelines as well as being moderated, when I signed up I agreed to play within those criteria.

10. "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

- George Orwell

11. Rich, thank you for your input and for your past donation. As you know the Nikon Cafe is only here because of generous donations such as yours. That is the reason that we are able to have a site that is commercial free and welcomes all to participate as long as they agree to follow the rules of the site. Not everyone will agree with every rule and action that may be taken but on the whole I believe that this is a great site and one where the sharing of photographic information and images is for the betterment of all. We appreciate your participation here on this site. The moderators do their best to uphold the traditions of the Nikon Cafe and serve in a volunteer capacity. Also, the owners contribute far more than any of us in keeping this forum viable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.