1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rescued Ilford XP2 roll

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by chubasco, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Over a week ago I had CVS process this film. The girl behind the counter said
    there was nothing on the roll and handed me an envelope with rolled-up clear
    film. This was using the Exakta 500 and using CZJ Tessar and Biotar lenses and
    I thought maybe I'd done something with the shutter release lock. Anyhoo, today
    I bring in some color film to do and this time it was an older lady who informed me
    that I have a roll that's been here awhile. I told her the story and she didn't charge
    me for the processing, for some reason they couldn't scan to CD.:confused: 

here's a few from the roll using my Epson 4490:

3786897096_4cb1ba5414_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3786088013_7d142b4dfe_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 389620

I'm going to be trying that bog shot again using one of the Koni Omegas and
    a tripod. Most of the bog shots were dumpers, trying to shoot at 1/5 second handheld wasn't a good idea.

2. Bill, everyone one of these shots are fantastic! I absolutely love the second shot! That is one hell of a combo. Nice stuff dude.

3. Thanks for the kind words, Samuel! I got another Exakta 500 recently off the 'bay, love
    this little camera!

Also, forgot to mention, I used a very short extension tube with the lens on the cat & flower pics.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Nice shots! I really like the cat. The extension tube is the reason for the very shallow DOF, Great results.

5. Thanks, Michael, it took a little experimenting to PP these, had to turn the contrast down
    after scanning.

6. That's a GOOD cat shot! He/she's scowling, that is so cool to catch that and with perfect focus to boot! Boy, I haven't seen a bog in many years, that's a cool place for B&W. Nice that you got your film back!

On edit...looking at this again...Did you turn Chris into a cat????

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  7. Bill, I would definitely reshoot the bog shot! Now that place looks like a mighty interesting spot to do some picture taking!

8. Tim and Ray, thanks!

Yeah, that bog is quite intriguing. It sits across the Tennessee river from Decatur in
    "Hospitality Park" and I plan on doing both BW and Provia 100F the next time I'm there.
    Just received the shutter release cable for my Koni's.

9. I dunno, I'd think seriously about some medium format to get those wonderful textures - just a thought!:smile:

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They probably couldn't scan it because xp2 has a clear base, instead of the orange that C41 film usually has. Their scanner is probably preset for the orange. (Their scan probably came out turquoise and too bright.)

Cool pix!

11. Ray, the Koni's are my Koni Omegas, 6x7, and I will bring both of them, maybe
    a folder and a TLR, too. There's some other things in Decatur I'll be going after.

12. Thanks, Chris. They told me the scanner would do one file, then quit, they gave
    up. They didn't have a problem scanning the Kodak BW400CN, tho. Probably
    stick with that since Wallies sells it pretty cheap.

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes, makes sense. BW400CN is orange.

How do the negatives look to your eye?

14. Well prep me for surgery, they are different! The Kodak is orange and Ilford is gray, or grey.
    Thanks, Chris, dumkin Bill is all better now. I don't suppose they would want to change the
    settings on their scanner, no.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm sure CVS flies in a technician to set up the scanner, and tells the kids at the store "DON'T TOUCH IT!"

16. Yeah, that's my guess, too, probably written in the service contract somewhere.

17. Tim, just noticed your comment, and agree there is a resemblance, especially
    if Chris trimmed his eyebrows! :wink::biggrin: Just kidding, Chris!

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I certainly have more facial fur that does that cat!

19. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    The first shot is very nice, thanks for sharing

20. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Yeah, you do! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.