Resize to 30% comparison

That's always irked me a bit too, Sandy... but I haven't seen the issues you can see by resampling directly to a pixel size or to something like 56%.

I'll use 66%, but not 53.25% or 58%. 60% would of course be better. Your call... do some tests if you have a few minutes.

Ron

Well, now you've got a convert here because I always just resized to 650pixels at the narrowest. Won't do that anymore, will do % reductions from now on. Good thing about PS is the ability to create custom actions so shouldn't be all that difficult to obtain the same size or thereabouts. Yes, the ol' "gotta do some of my own tests". Maybe tomorrow! *LOL* Will post em when I've got em.

PS: Love the avatar... I can see the similarities *wink*

Flew said:
Excellent stuff Ron. There's only one problem; now I'm going to have to repeat this whole thing and compare the results to the FM Resize Pro plug-in that I bought recently. :?

So far, I'm really enjoying my switch to PS CS, and Fred's plug-ins have greatly eased the start-up pain. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm getting much better results with PS, so it has been well worth the effort so far.

Thanks for posting!!

Frank
hehehehe...............TOLD YOU SO!

Ron Reznick said:
I figure it's better to allow you to make your own decisions based on the information presented, rather than telling you... however, I think that the Capture resize is the finest overall (costing a step in post though), with the Bicubic Sharper coming in a close second.

Ron
Hmm... I thought the general rule was Bicubic Smoother for down-sampling, and Sharper for upsampling. Or do I have it backwards ;-)

Check for yourself based on the results, or run some tests on your own...

It's always better than having someone tell you what to do, as you have a visceral understanding.

Ron

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom