1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Responding to the call

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Frits, Aug 6, 2008.

1. A dreary day. Lots of rain, lightning and thunder.
    I happened to have the 400/2.8 mounted when this firetruck came down the street. A different perspective.

D2x, Nikkor AF-S 400mm f/2.8

original.

2. I can't believe they don't have their headlights on.

3. That was very odd. Two units had just gone by with everything ablaze (lights, siren), then this unit passed as if it were on a Sunday drive to auntie May.

4. yeah...
    with all cars in canada with daytime running lights for 20+ years
    wow

anyway....
    LOVE the compress look of the 400 and that truck
    great shot, frits

5. Couple things could have been going on there. One is the truck was not responding to the actual call, but instead was headed to another district to cover while their trucks were on the call. Another is the initial units arrived on scene and determined it to be a false call, or non-emergency, and either cancelled/downgraded all additional responders. I still think it's odd the guys don't run their headlights, especially when conditions are wet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.