reston town center shot

I went out today to see if there was a shot from the roof of one of the parking garages, but none of them were high enough.
I just made this one pic with 2 different crops.

p1020314354-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p856665477-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Vinny. I like it too, but I messed up a little on it. The antenna was fully there until I applied straightening.
I was afraid to tilt the camera up any higher due to distortion. No room to move back.

Thanks Steve. Seriously, I can't take too much credit for how well that D700 renders a scene that I point it at. :smile::smile:

Hey, Floyd, I see what you mean about the distortion issue. With a 24, it's really hard to get a good shot of architecture without some distortion. I've kind of given up on using my 24 for buildings unless I'm aiming for distortion effects.

Hey, Floyd, I see what you mean about the distortion issue. With a 24, it's really hard to get a good shot of architecture without some distortion. I've kind of given up on using my 24 for buildings unless I'm aiming for distortion effects.

Don't give up on that Doug. I really don't see a lot of distortion in the second shot because the camera was more level. If I had room to back up, I could've done the same for the first one too. I don't believe distortion has to be prevalent with wide angle architecture type shots.
At any rate, I intend to find out, because I enjoy trying these. :)))

Thanks.
floyd

D

Deleted member 960

First one has more impact (to me), great shot, Floyd!

Latest threads

Top Bottom