1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Restricted to deck?Awh, maybe

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Well healing is not all that bad if you have some things to photograph. So yesterday I tried my new BushHawk out and it was kind of fun. (10 photos)
    Lou
    685884581_224519dcb8_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 Baby Nuthatch. Its OK just getting some rays.
    685884601_d17d75aedb_o.jpg

3 Cowbird with a sty on the eye
    685884633_6c2eac52a2_o.jpg

685884651_ff3ef90478_o.jpg

685884665_697afb40e2_o.jpg

2. 6
    685884771_2f36c85974_o.jpg

686753304_82af01a356_o.jpg

686753312_96d2c8e43b_o.jpg

686753322_ed8d479a04_o.jpg

686753344_addd86afbe_o.jpg

3. I would say not bad at all from the porch!!! Way to go Lou.

Get well soon friend the birds will still be there.

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Hey Lou,

I hope your healing process is fast and painless!

I was hoping you would post some images from your session with the Bushhawk. I have been interested in seeing one and was wondering what your first thoughts were? Is it really better than handholding?

Love the baby Nuthatch!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That baby is a riot:>)))))) Just slopped all over the wood.

Nice shots

Yeah how do you like the new bushhawk

6. Thanks Gary and I guess I will as Gale is making sure I go to rehap. Sounds like a wounded bird.
    Lou

7. Thanks Andy, yeah it has been around for a few days with one of it's parents. The BushHawk well I;ll tell you Andy I took all these from my chair sitting down and some with only one hand. I used my 20D and the 1 to 400 on these and I just took fine JPGS. It has a sling like a rifle and is eally a breeze to walk with even with my knee I just go around the yard a bit with it slung over my shoulder. got it with a 30 day trial so I figured I can't go wrong and I think I'll be keeping it as on the 1D it will be like shooting skeet and it will even hold my 500 but I don't think I'll be holding it to long but for tracking BIF it should be great.
    Lou

8. Thanks for the baby look. As for the BushHawk it is like taking photos from a tripod. I really like it. I think it will help anyone who wants to take a walk with say a lens about 400MM and have that quick shot jump up and go just like hunting Quail only no shotgun just a red or black dot tracking your game and the shutter going steady in a burst. You’re bound to get one or two. I got the deluxe kit for $230.00 + $9.00 shipping by the PO. They even gave me a window mount for a small lens and a vest to carry stuff and all in a nice bag. Here’s where I got it.
    http://www.bushhawk.com/contact_us.html

Lou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.