1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

retouching

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Corwyn, Aug 15, 2009.

1. So this thread got me thinking.

I really need to learn how to do some of this stuff to improve some of the quality of my portraits, but I am really clueless about how to do these techniques.

I have PS 7 and have tried to play with it and follow some of the online tutorials, but I am not getting anywhere really productive.

I was wondering if you all could recommend some books that do a good job of teaching these techniques.

Also, is PS 7 OK for this or is part of my problem that I am just not using the right software?

C

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. web52

web52

May 9, 2008
    houston tx
    Yes, PS7 is OK for that. I highly recommend Photoshop Mama's tutorials. Photoshopmama.net [NET - I keep confusing with .org and .com]. She also has quite a nice assortment of tutorials on youtube.

3. You might want to read up on Photoshop techniques by Martin Evening and titles written by Michael Grecco.

4. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    And Scott Kelby...........are you shooting raw??

Also Software you may want to look into is PORTRAIT PROFESSIONAL.....been lots of great stuff written up about it................

5. There are a few great lessons on Lynda.com about portrait retouching as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.