retrieving a photo from a word doc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    At work, I am trying to get four photos out of a word document into Photoshop 7.0.

I can right click on the photo in Word and copy it. I have made a new document in Photoshop and pasted the photo into it, but the colors look bad.

Anyone here know how to do this?

2. Perhaps you could right click and copy in word, paste the file into a folder or the desktop, and then open the file with PS? That's how I normally do it and haven't seen any color issues.

3. I always do a right click and then a "save as" into an existing file on my computer. I then open it in PS.

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much for the help.

I'm still not having any luck. Would either of you have time to try if I sent you the document. Beware, the photos are of a really beat up apartment building. (I work in a real estate appraisal office.)

5. Sure thing. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

6. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Another option, depending on the resolution you need would be to use the "Print Screen" button. Just have the image showing, hit the button and it puts an image of the whole screen on the clipboard. You can then paste it into an image. If I'm in a hurry I just use MS Paint, crop the photo part out of the rest of the image and save the file as a jpg. Pretty sure you could paste it into PS too though.