1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Return to Morayshire, Scotland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by antsplan, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I took a drive back up to the Moray Coast last week and was lucky to catch some nice light:

C&C always welcomed. These are all hosted on Flickr and for some reason I always lose sharpness and notice a shift in colour after posting to there but these should give you at least an idea of what I shot.

Best Wishes

Anthony

2859294700_d11657aca9.

2856345062_b592851ce2.

2848440826_95a1f8175a.

2842734484_c74e9365cf.

2827954888_a04cfafff6.

2. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Beautiful, Anthony! :Love: Thanks for making my day a little bit brighter...

3. Anthony,

I really like the 1st image. Kind of surreal the way the sand looks.
    I wish it was a bit larger.

Very nice series.

Don

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Great Anthony. I think the first and third are my favorites. Thank you for sharing.

5. Hi AP. The first one is fantastic. The rest are also good but the first one is so powerful, it takes away from the others. Great job.

6. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Anthony, great shots ! I wuold like to see it in bigger size :)  Nice colors...
    Did you use grad ND on first ?

7. I find them all very beautiful with excellent visual design. Love the colors too.
    In my book those are all great shots.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

8. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Anthony, terrific shots. It's a beautiful place.

9. Anthony,

What a lucky guy you are to catch that perfect light.
    I enjoy the pictures very much.

10. Thank you all sincerely for your comments, they are very much appreciated. I can't remember exactly what combination of filters I used for each shot but I most likely used 1,2,3 stop ND grads or a combination of each for each shot except #3 where I used a NDx1000 filter. This was shot early evening and the light whilst nice was still a little strong so I have overlayed the original image with a desat layer and then reduced the opacity on this to bring back some of the colour.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

11. great shots anthony, i particularly liked the 3rd shot. very moody and conveys a sense of the cold. great series.

12. Thank you, Shing.

13. Just checking these shots again on my PC and I think I prefer the landscape orientation for the first ?

2867323561_7ec00dcf88_o.

14. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Anthony,

OMG yes! That takes my breath away...

(And I see you've figured out the size issue. :wink:) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.