Reversed 28mm....

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Truely incredible. It will be fun trying this myself, after a short stop at B&H.com for some tubes.
Thanks for sparking this interest. Love your work!

Man , Duct Tape, What inginuity.

3& 4 are incredible. I have never been very happy with my macro shots , nothing anywhere near as nice as this.

Harry S. said:
Great, great, great!!!
I once reversed my 28/2.0, but did not try hard enough to get decent results. Your pics are motivating though. The fly is mind-boggling.
If you want to make another experiment, try to reverse-mount the lens to a tele lens. This will yield even stronger magnification, but I'm afraid the working distance would be so small that you touch the antennae of the fly :lol:
Cheers

Hi Harry, I have played with the stacked lenses and the depth of field was so thin and working distance so small and the lens so long that it was pretty hard to manage. This is so light weight and easy to hold and the depth of field is useable it makes it a lot more fun.

Thanks Harry!

Martin

Pa said:
These pictures are amazing.

If you have another camera, I would love to see you post a picture of the apparatus you rigged up as I can't quite picture it.

My setup is pretty ghetto with the duct tape so I won't take a picture of it but here is a link to a similar setup.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/227149#1906069

The diffuser is 3" x 5" strip of milk jug material with a hole for the end of the lens to go through, it stands straight up in front of the built in flash.

Thanks Pa.

Martin

dmwphoto said:
Truely incredible. It will be fun trying this myself, after a short stop at B&H.com for some tubes.
Thanks for sparking this interest. Love your work!

Thanks Dave, the tube just gave me something to tape too there are better ways to attach the reversed lens like a BR-2 or modifing a body cap.

Martin

Latest threads

Top Bottom