1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

reversed macro with D300 [big pics]

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mdsign, Aug 29, 2008.

1. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Its bin a while....but still alive ;) 

DSC_8678.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_7585.jpg

DSC_6910.jpg

DSC_8393m.jpg

DSC_8414.jpg

cheers, Mark

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Mark, those are pretty incredible. Did you use a reversing ring? What lens did you pair it with?

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Wow. Great shots. This is true macro. How did you get this close?

4. Oh My, Oh My, Oh My. Just awesome, we must have the how details, come on, you know you want to share:smile:

5. oh...........my......goodness!!!!! is that third one down a dragonfly mouth!?

I'm seeing f stops in the 2's?

how creepy is that to see yourself in the spider eyes?

6. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    :910::910: Wow! I am jealous. I want to take pictures like that.:biggrin: I think those are the most incredible shots I have seen in the macro thread. WE NEED MORE!!

7. Great shots!! The spider is amazing. Thanks for sharing. I, too, would be interested in hearing your technique.

8. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Incredible. Love the first one. How indeed! (24mm?)

9. Fantastic, please do share some details of the technique.

10. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thank you all for your kind words. For those who have seen my pics before, it is almost the same setup only with a new camera. The D300 serves me well. I get a lot more detail as with the D70 and it looks like the same lens magnifies a little larger on the D300. I had to work on my technique though 1/320s max instead of 1/500s makes a differense and also the lesser detail on D70 would make you could get away with some situations. On the other hand I could use f16 and beyond on the D70 where f11 is the max for the D300. Soo with some pics I use stacking like the waterdrops for example.

I used the 24mm sigma reversed on the br-2a sometimes with extra tubes inbetween. I made a new diffuser to pair with a new sb-400. The pop-up and old diffuser were o good for the D300. Still I wasn't always getting what I wanted soo I did get back to the drawingboard and made a new diffuser. I will have to make it even better before I dare to show you a picture of it. ;)  The ingredients are top of a plastic bottle, aluminiumfoil, tape and a kitchen tissue. Gladfull it doesn't scare the critters....

more info can be found on my weblog. http://blog.mdsign.nl/ under the button information on the right.

cheers, Mark

11. husawis

husawis Guest

Mark - impressive! Thanks for sharing the technique and your informative website. Reversing lenses is a technique I wish more folks would try. I bet you will have many folks buying reversing rings after seeing your work. Great job.

12. Truly impressive!

Cheers

13. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I give up.

There is no way on this earth I will ever be able to take a shot that will remotely come out as brilliant as yours, Mark...

Anyone want a D300? I think I'll take up knitting...

14. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    look at the lips on that bug!!

these are about the best macro shots I have ever seen...awesome!!

15. Really impressive work once again, Mark!

16. WOW!!! Thanks for showing those to us!

17. Anyone want a D300? I think I'll take up knitting...

Glenn looking for place to post in future for mere mortals. Once again, those are some of the most impressive high mag macros I have yet to see.

18. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Lol what are you going to knit?

cheers, Mark

19. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thanks all of you.

cheers, Mark

20. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Potholders...:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.