1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review of Miops.com Service

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Mike Buckley, Sep 20, 2018.

1. I bought a remote shutter release produced by Miops.com when I participated in its successful Kickstarter crowd funding campaign. The shutter is remotely released using my smart phone whether connected wirelessly via Bluetooth or wired using a dongle provided by Miops. I've been very happy with the wireless connection but the wired connection has never worked.

I made Miops aware of the problem in August 2017 and received appropriate responses the same day, including that they would look into my issue with their developers and try to recreate the issue.

Only because I later inquired about the status of correcting my issue, I received another email in September 2017 asking me to try it with another phone to determine whether the problem might be caused by my phone. I explained that I have only one phone and requested that if they don't have a solution within one week that they please make arrangements to provide a refund for the dongle.

In the year since then, they never contacted me.

This was and is not a huge issue simply because I've been wirelessly using the product flawlessly in the year since then; it didn't matter that the wired dongle has never worked other than that I don't like having paid for a product that doesn't work.

I contacted them again two days ago through their website's instant messaging system and asked that they look into my situation. This time they explained that the dongle works better with some cell phones than others and that they would look into my situation and get back to me right away. I offered to provide the string of emails documenting previous communications but was told that they could easily look it up.

It's now two days later and I still haven't heard from them. I contacted them again using their website explaining that I was disappointed that nobody got back to me. Though their website explains that they usually get back within minutes, which was true when I contacted them two days earlier, hours later they never got back to me.

Emir Bayraktar is the person I contacted with every email and with every communication via their website's instant messaging system.

Miops.com seems to be similar to my cable provider; when things go well they're very, very good and when things go badly, they're very, very bad.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. Social media is a powerful tool - it's amazing how much action takes place if you post something on their Facebook page or put up a blog
    about your bad experience and email them the link :) 

3. Indeed, after sending them a link to this thread last night, I awoke to an email from them this morning promising to refund my cost of the dongle.

4. Now that was prompt :) 

5. Even better, the CEO and co-founder emailed me twice today including the information that his company had refunded my money by applying a credit to my credit card.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.