Reviews for Commercial Organizations

Many companies that sell on the internet have increased their usage of customer reviews. When I provide reviews to Yelp or other third parties, I somehow feel different than I do when I write reviews for B&H or Nikon.

B&H promises to enter reviewers in a contest to win money/credit, I've neither won, nor heard of anyone who has. I contacted B&H a couple of times about naming winners, etc., but they never replied. Nikon explicitly does nothing for reviewers.

I"m happy to help other photographers, but feel taken advantage of by people like B&H and Nikon.

I'm not sure I understand - you want to help other photographers, but you won't give a review at B&H or Nikon because they won't/haven't given you something in return? You don't see a contradiction here, perhaps?

Yes, I do see the contradiction, which is why I raised the issue. In the case of B&H I believe the promise of rewards really isn't fulfilled. The fine print is that you become part of a pool of people who review everything for every online vendor (potentially) and therefore have no significant statistical chance to win. In the case of Nikon I don't think it would hurt them to do something, however small, for those who help them market their gear.

B&H promises to enter reviewers in a contest to win money/credit, I've neither won, nor heard of anyone who has. I contacted B&H a couple of times about naming winners, etc., but they never replied. Nikon explicitly does nothing for reviewers.

I'm pretty sure cafe members have posted that they--or people they know personally--have won money in the B&H review raffles.

In the end the reviews are there for you, the customer, to evaluate a product that you're not able to hand-hold before buying.

Would you rather have B&H review the products they sell as opposed to their customers?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom