Rexburg Temple

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ruffles, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    Hi everyone. My wife saw a picture of the Rexburg LDS Temple in Deseret Book a while back and really wanted it for our living room. It had an antique distressed look. I thought it would be fun to take one myself (since I live in Rexburg). I just got it back from printing at UPrinting.com at 36"x16" and it turned out great (and they only charged $40 - check them out!). My wife is thrilled with it. Now, I just need to stretch and frame it.

I should point out that it was processed for printing on canvas so the jpg on a monitor looks a little washed out.

2759565253_13d59fb837_o.

2. Rats! It's not showing up for me.

I've done a couple of weddings there and loved it. It's a wide angle temple for sure. I was glad I kept my 18-70 kit lens when I upgraded from my two D70s. It's such a beautiful temple. I'm actually on break from the Twin Falls temple open house. I'm a parking attendant.

Take care,

Kim

3. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    hmm. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. It's hosted on Flickr and seems to be working for me.

Yeah, there isn't much room for long lens unless you go across the street. I used the 70-200 from the middle of the field East of the Temple because I wanted a shot of the front.

4. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Picture shows up fine for me. Looks great especially the dramatic sky.

5. Steve,
    I've seen the photos you reference. You did a great job giving your photo a similar treatment. Great idea....and you saved a lot of money.

6. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Not showing up here either.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    red x for me :( 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.