Reznick and New Mexico

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidwcramer, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Ron is leading a photo workshop in Los Alamos this weekend. Several cafers are here, Jim and Beth Thomas, Eric Maatta, and then today John Palmer joined us. We are having a great time folks. And needless to say, learning more and more about our favorite activity. Wish you were here!!

[​IMG]

2. Great to see this, David. I just took a look at Jim's post of the master at work. Glad to hear you're all having a great time and learning a lot.

3. What's going on here, David?
    It looks like you are all lying down on the job.

Bet you're going to have lots of fun.
    Please keep us posted.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    What is Ron's current website?

James

5. naptime??
    Great stuff going on there I am sure of it!

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I wish I were there, too!!! I'm jealous.........

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wish I was there also

Great shot.

8. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    Me three!!!

9. Believe me, there is no napping on the job at a Ron workshop. We've got a really great group of folks and Ron is imparting a wealth of information and experience. On the job training, so to speak. It's a great mixture of solid information, new stuff, and shooting and processing revelations, followed by putting it all into action under the deep blue New Mexico sky. On top of that we had some great guitar pickin' in the lobby tonight. Thanks go out to Jim for pulling this together.

10. We have been having a friendly, enjoyable and *extremely* information-rich couple of days.

David, Jim and Beth, John and most everyone (I need more practice - LOL) in the workshop are talented photographers as you all know. I've made several good friends already.

Just to prove that we didn't spend the entire day supine, here's a snap from about eleven hours after David's earlier one . . . if you squint, you might be able to make out Jim, David and Ron scoping out the cave dwellings at Bandelier National Monument.

Eric

80715661.original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  11. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi David,

Thanks.

-JM

12. Yeah that is Ron alright crawling around to get the best shot!! Have fun!

13. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    David, very nice. I wish I could have been there also.

14. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, all I can say is what a great group of people were at the class this weekend. I feel privileged to get the opportunity to wander the (hotter'n'heck) hills and mountains of New Mexico with a group of folks like this, and as always, I get to learn from everyone around me as I talk with them.

Kudos to Jim (Pa) for arranging the workshop, and, as always, to Sensei Ron Reznick for his elastic legs that don't stop and a constant awareness of the wonderful photographic opportunities surrounding us all.

John P.

15. John,
    It is not the heat, but the humidity... ;-))>

16. Fortunately we have low humidity here in NM, unlike what Nick gets to experience in those Houston summers. However, as Eric's shot above shows, we had our share of sun bouncing off of rock walls, to bring the temperature up a few degrees!

Here's Ron giving Jim (Pa) a few tips at Plaza Blanca. That's his wife, Beth, our resident wildflower expert, to the right. Looks like Beth is doing a bit of chimping! Plaza Blanca is right outside of Abiquiu, Georgia O'Keeffe country.

[​IMG]