1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rheinsberg (Palace) near Berlin

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by DanielD, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Hello,
    I made a trip to Rheinsberg (a small village) near Berlin to take some pictures of the old Palace. The weather wasn't as good as promised when I arrived at the train station but gave interesting light. At the end of the day my patience was rewarded with a beautiful "golden hour".

This is the (really small) station where I arrived. All except that single track that is still used is a museum now. To my surprise I found an old Berlin subway waggon.
    381337328_tPQ6X-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

On my walk to the Palace:
    381337419_LH6wu-O.jpg

Here it is. Built ~1736-1744 (completed)
    381337637_5DudW-O.jpg

It was built directly next to a sea, and from the other side it look like this:
    381338319_Mm5qi-O.jpg

As you can see, the weather got better and better:
    381338912_maJpm-O.jpg

Grande Finale:
    381339215_D2FPf-O.jpg

At last but not least, I had fun with some ducks and swans:
    381339844_LooTK-O.jpg

The train station on my way back home
    381340100_xbDrK-O.jpg

If you like you see the whole series here. Hope you enjoyed the very short trip to Prussian History. :smile:

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I love the photos, the Grande Finale is great and my favorite.

3. Thanks for sharing. Love the grand finale image, as well as the ICE near the old U-bahn car.

4. Thanks Scott and Mike. That's no ICE, however. While the ICE is Germany's fastest train, the one you can see there (which I came with) is probably one of our smallest :smile::

br-646-stadler-gtw-209420.jpg

A little Diesel powered train (the whole engine and electric transmission is in the middle section) which is used on feeder lines.

5. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful town. Looks like you had a nice adventure. Thanks for sharing. All the images are great but Grande Finale is my favorite of the group.

6. Beautiful and scenic photos Daniel.

7. Oh, very cool. Just looked like the same shape from the front in the small image and I didn't pay attention. Much different look than the D-trains which we rode when I last lived in Germany in 1997. Thanks for the follow-on photo.

8. Very nice, Daniel. Really whets my appetite for a return to Northern Europe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.