*** Rich Gibson passed ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
We moved the thread that Gene started to the memorial area, (thanks Gene) and I will bump this thread in general to help with the notice of Rich's passing. Please do leave your thoughts on this wonderful family man.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/rich-gibson-rich.294705/

A letter that was sent out from his son:

Hi all,

This is Steve Gibson, Richard’s youngest son.

I regret to inform you that my dad, Richard Gibson, passed away in his sleep on Friday night, December 11th. Dad had a peaceful passing; he sat in his easy chair to listen to jazz after sharing a bowl of popcorn with mom on Friday night. When she checked on him 90 minutes later, he was dead, with his eyes closed like he was asleep and his arms peacefully folded across his stomach.
Dad’s body is being cremated. We will have a memorial mass on Thursday, Dec 17 November at 1100 am at St. Ambrose Catholic Church at 3901 Woodburn Rd, Annandale, VA 22003. When we are able, we plan to have his ashes interred at Arlington National Cemetery, where there will be a military burial. In lieu of flowers, please consider sending any donations to the St. Ambrose Building fund (stambroseva.org) , or to The Alzheimers Association (alz.org)

Dad was a loving father, mentor, and friend, a devoted grandfather, a passionate enthusiast for his hobbies of digital photography, genealogy, and bicycling, and a wonderful, loving, and generous person. We will all miss him terribly.

Dad had a great week with his family, seeing his sons, daughters in law, and most of his grandchildren during the week. He taught my daughter driving lessons on Monday, had wonderful time at the Customs Christmas party on Wednesday, hosted our weekly family dinner and decorated the Christmas tree with his granddaughters on Wednesday night, and travelled with Mom for a day trip to Charles Town on Friday. It’s a blessing that his passing was so peaceful and after a week spent with family and friends.

If you are the praying type, please consider saying a prayer for Rich, for his soul to join God and his angels in heaven, and for Carolyn, who has lost her husband of 51 years.

I apologize if this message is spam to you-we attempted to find the email of as many friends as we could in his computer's mailboxes and sent folders. We’d appreciate you forwarding this email to anyone else who may have known Dad, or to any groups he or forums he shared with you.

If you wish to contact Rich’s wife Carolyn, her email is cvgibson@cox.net.

Steve Gibson

O

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom