Richie's iron will!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Apr 25, 2005.

1. I received a call on my cell phone this morning from my local Nikon Shop in Va. They had a D2X for me if I wanted it. Using my superior restraint and impressive self-control I declined.

Of course I'm in Chicago right now and I also have to wait 'till 1 May to purchase anything new. (Gotta bring the balance to zero first!!)

But hey...I COULD have said yes. Now...after 1 May.........

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. That is IMPRESSIVE Rich. Not many would say NO to it. I know that your blood pressure probably went up once you hang up the phone and you were thinking "What the hell I just did" but like you said ...... after May 1st. I feel you my friend, I really do.

The D2X Addiction !

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    That's great! Now I know it can be done. I was worried I'd find one.

4. Just run that past me again...y'see, it's that word "declined" I'm having problems with. Just how do you do that?

And what's all this "balance to zero" nonsense? Talk sense, man, get with the programme!

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Ahh Rich, you're a gutless wonder & you know it ;)

The only reason you didn't pull the trigger right then & there, is 'cause you're broke right now! ;)
    Now, go on man, admit it. (It's the 1st step toward recovery) ;)

7. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Rich,
    You're a better man than I :!: :lol:

I heard of one, called and ordered it. They never told me about the 'decline' option.

Best to you and hope you can keep up the good work,

Gaye

8. Thanks to all for your "support."

I'll be returning home tomorrow and life can get back to nornal. Uncle Ray's funeral is today. Spirits should be better then.

Of course if I get too optimistic and begin to enjoy life I can always surf back at DPR..I really get depressed with their Nikon DSLR forum. :cry:

May 1st. is close and who knows, I may succumb. Hope springs eternal.

:D Rich

9. Rich,
    I am quite impressed (for now) but remember what I told you...........

10. my ifon will is supported by my empty wallet, and I'm not budging! :D

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    You truly are an inspiration to us all. Even if it's only because your credit card has a balance on it and your out of town. :lol: :lol:

12. I hold you up as a paragon of virtue. Your inspiring act leaves me breathless. Who knows there may be help for the rest of us.