1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Richmond Braves

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by biggstr6, Jul 25, 2007.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    After seeing all the great sports photos here I'm alittle hesitant to post these.
    You guys are pumping out some great stuff.

Caught a Braves game the other day . They are the farm team for Atlanta.
    Here are a few shots . Still learning.

Did notice the newspaper photgrapher in the dugout was shooting a D2 series Nikon with the 200 2.0vr .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Nice Photos!
    Sharp and nice compositions....
    We don't do that kind of sport in Sweden...:smile:
    But looks nice to me!

3. These are great - go Braves! A co-worker of mine is also an ATL fan and used to go to a lot of Richmond games, so this gives me some visuals to go along with his stories.

Sean

4. Hesitant? Man, this series of shots rock. Keep posting them Biggs. Well done indeed.

5. MAN!! Don't be hesitant, your shots ROCK DUDE!! I'm just hoping that the Toledo MudHens (AAA team for the Tigers) held their own down there. Since you held your own and then some shooting these.

Keep up the great work, and Play Ball!!

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks for the encouragement guys.
    It sure is fun shooting sports.

Steve the Braves & the Mudhens split 1/1 . I went sunday ,but they had to evacuate the stadium because of a bomb threat, and they gave us a rain check for Monday where they finished the first game & then played the second. 2 for 1.

The Mudhens Trounced the Braves in the first game , and the Braves won the second game in the ninth inning.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nothing wrong with this series of images Biggs, they are just fine. Tack sharp and cropped tight is perfect for sports action. You fit right in here.

8. Biggs, sounds like a fun & exciting weekend, and GREAT images to go with it. Keep coming back OK?!!

9. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice work man.

10. Lovely work. Go Braves.

11. Where do these guys keep coming from? Hesitant to post? Keep 'em coming, these are pro quality!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  12. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Nice series Biggs very sharp . like to get up with you one day.

13. super work Biggs!

14. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Hesitant? With those tack sharp, well composed shots? No need to be hesitant...these are really good!

15. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks again guys. I hope i can catch some games this summer.

Joe , sure just give me a holler sometime ,maybe the timming will be right & we can do some shooting.

16. Great set of images top shlf way to go

17. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    So Biggs, which lens did you use for these? It looks like you were using the D2x from the Exif, but I was just curious about the lens.

Great shots, and I always love seeing shots of the Braves farm teams!

18. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks for commenting Mike , it means alot.

Dave , it was a D2x and the lens was the 200-400 f4. It works pretty good,but Im lusting for a 400 2.8. Just waiting to see if Nikon brings out a upgraded version before I decide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.