Richmond By The James

Some friends and I went by Legends in Richmond for a brew or 2 after work
and I happened to have my camera with me, so afterwards we went down a walking path to the James.

We were on the wrong side of the river to catch a sunset, but the city is always interesting to shoot.

Don

325301338_k9Ba5-XL-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

325305526_Pchdk-XL.jpg

325301348_D3Jrc-XL-2.jpg

325303262_3T5uG-L-1.jpg

325299786_RVB8Z-XL-1.jpg

Thanks all

Thanks everyone...

I would really like to do that same shot at night but I am not brave enough to go to that specific area at night. At least not by myself. Haha

Maybe one day I will get a group together and go over there.
Don

Nice shots Don , Flood wall makes a great place to shoot from , would like to make another night venture to Belle Island and the flood wall.

Yup

Joe,

Yup. I didn't even know that area existed over there. The friend at work who lives in Richmond knows a lot about those places around the river. He ran the Xterra Games and all that stuff, which went around there. He is usually my guide.

I wish I had a nice 300 mm lens though, when shooting those geese. A 200 would just barely reach them.

As for going to Belle Isle at night. Haha.. you ARE a brave soul. The last time I was there after the sun went down, quite a few transients had gone over the bridge to the island and more were walking there as we were leaving the bridge. A few had cases of beer with them. I am not saying they were dangerous, but after a case or two of beer.. anything could happen. Even my Richmond guide, who is not scared of much... 'suggested' we not hang around on the island after the sun went down. We did hang on the bridge for a bit though. It is a pretty cool area.

Don

Nice shots Don , Flood wall makes a great place to shoot from , would like to make another night venture to Belle Island and the flood wall.

Thanks again all...

Cliff.. I sometimes have a hard time deciding which ones to post. Occasionally I initially am not crazy about a shot, but then the more I look at it.. the more I like it.

That shot is one of those.

Nice shots. I
like the contrast of the new bridge shown with the piers of an old bridge.

Latest threads

Top Bottom