Rich's gonna pull the trigger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, May 1, 2005.

1. Well, so much for my October scheduled D2X purchase! I've run into a fortunate financial situation so I'm going to get the D2X "retirement" camera now. Somebody talk me out of it........Uncle Frank?

Rich :D :oops: :? :D :lol:

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Rich I say GO FOR IT!!!

Trust me if it was not for my move I would have
    spent the cash and have a D2x in hand now...or
    maybe a 300mm f/2.8 VR or maybe a 200mm f/2 VR

I better go and turn over all my cards to the wife now. :)

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rich, Rich, Rich. I thought you had this disease beat.... :lol:

If this is really what you want, go for it!! Just be prepared for some beautiful pictures, with extremely good resolution, snappy colors, and ludicrously high shooting rate. 8)

You lucky dog.

Frank

4. Rich, let me get this straight, you came HERE to be talked out of a D2X. Isnt that like going to a bar to be talked out of a drink? Correct me if I am wrong. :lol:

Congrats on the new body.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RICHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lololol

Hey life is short and we ain't got forever.

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Rich;

Please tell me where this "fortunate financial situation" is so I can run into it too :lol:

Congrats on your latest "fix."

Brian

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Soooo, sold your car & bought a ricksha, huh? ;c)

Either way, congrats mister! It is an experience you will cherish.

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

You will be very SORRY that you did not do it sooner.

Enjoy to the fullest.

Birger

9. drummmmmmm rollllllllllllllllllll *LOL*

10. it'll hurt for awhile, but the pain will subside greatly as you start to play with this very nice camera. I can not imagine that I will want to or feel the need to upgrade from a D2x for a very long time. I think we all have a real winner here that will keep you happy for many years to come. Just get ready to start buying all the fun stuff to support your new dream camera... P2000 or the like, new computer possibly, or more ram and memory possibly, more lenses, more lenses, more lenses, and don't tell me you can not afford them. That has never stopped me or most others from the posts I have been reading!!! Anyway, enjoy it, I know you will.

Sorry, I guess I didn't do a very good job of talking you out of buying it. I am guessing that you have already decided anyway.

11. Go for it Rich!!!! :D :D

12. Rich,
    Are you kidding me. Talk you out of it ?. I won't do that but I will talk you into buying D2X plus 300 f/2.8 or so :twisted:

I'm getting mine in few days and can't wait. If you need one make sure you check my post about Berger Bros. Good luck :wink:

13. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Rich,

I would say don't do it, but I would not be telling the truth. If you need it, do it! Wishing you had a better camera will hamper your creativity. :p

14. Rich, you're in the final stages of CLD (Camera Lust Disease), and it's irreversible. Sorry, but I can't help.

15. Talk you out of it Rich??? Are you crazy??? We are going to talk you into 3 or 4 or them :lol:

Congratulations Rich...You will love it and hope you get one that doesn't have all of the focusing problems.

16. You asked the wrong crowd to talk you out of a D2X, try the Martha Stewart forum, or the Canon forum instead!

Congrats ont he purchase!!!

17. Don't leave for tomorrow what you can buy today.... go for it!!!