Ride in the countryside with Dao Dang (6 pics)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frits, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Today I had the pleasure to meet up with Cafe member Dao Dang, a consumate gentleman.
    The went shooting in the (winter) countryside. Unfortunately a somber day.

Here is a view of a typical Quebec, Canada village. The omnipresent big church, with the village built around it:

original.

Winter in Quebec, a random farm:

View attachment 23962

Can you feel the cold??:

View attachment 23963

The crowd is curious for something :confused: :confused: :

View attachment 23964

Ah, must be Dao's shiny new D2x :biggrin: :biggrin: :

View attachment 23965

Lunchtime in the village diner: Honest hardworking folks resting over lunch (natural light with my MF Ai 50mm f/1.4):

View attachment 23966

More in a few other threads...

2. wow that had to be a real pleasure for both of you. Thanks for sharing and despite the greyness of the weather, the images shine.
    Dave

3. Great images Frits...love that Quebec countryside...brings back memories of skiing during my university days St. Agathe...and St. Adele...

thanks for the flashback

Bob

4. Love the cow pic!!! Also like the pic of Dao but what's all that stuff he's wearing? When I last saw him he was in shorts!!! Still loving that 50mm/f1.4 and still watching eBay! :wink:

5. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Very nice countryside shots Frits and my favorite is the lone old barn.
    Dont let Ray get a hold of that one..LOL
    Excellent clarity in that last one too.

6. I like the cows and the 2 guys as the restaurant. Nice to see snow. We don't get much in Alabama.

7. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    The Cow Pic is also my favorite. The color effect of the brown cows with the white snow just looks great. Additionally do the cows look very 3D.

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Frits

Very Nicely Done ! That cow image is a classic :wink:

Regards

RFC

9. Hi, Frits!

Enjoyed your ride in the country side with Dao Dang. Yes, I could almost feel the cold, but that snow sure is pretty...from a distance! Glad to see you had fun! Thanks for letting us see Dao Dang in action.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great shots

Hi Frits

These are nice - I really like the shot with the cows - that is a winner!!!

Best wishes

Ray

11. Lovely.. I do feel the cold.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful countryside...you can keep the snow and cold, but the countryside is picturesque.

13. Beautiful captures, Frits. I wouldn't mind having that white stuff instead of rain here. These are very good captures of Quebec countryside, a very pretty province.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frits,
    You and Dao have provided agreat sets of images...
    Thank You