Ring The Bell Thread- Challenge Announcements!

After discussions with the Mod Team, we have decided to create this thread in order to be able to alert all of our interested shooters should someone wish to hold/host another event in our meme series. If you are interested in being notified of events here, please subscribe to this thread- this will allow our host to reach everybody at once by simply posting an announcement rather than having to chase players in small groups by PM.

Please post in this thread if you are ready and wish to host a meme-our members will receive notification and then by simply starting a separate discussion thread, the ball will be set in motion.

Please do not post in this thread with comments, queries or suggestions.

Thank you for stopping by the Meme Forum- I hope to be able to shoot with you all again soon.

P.S. - Remember that one can subscribe to this (or any other thread) by clicking on "Thread Tools" in the yellow box directly above, and choosing "Subscribe to this thread".

I'll be the first to ring the bell. Who would like to join in for a Sunday Challenge this weekend? Quick and easy- details are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems sooooo long ago that we last did this. Would anyone care to play along this weekend (18/19 August)? See more here.

Real Name
Chris
Octoberfest (as opposed to Oktoberfest, which is a German holiday highlighted by a week long swig of beer) is a yearly photoshoot. Participants pick a lens and shoot with nothing except that lens for a whole month (October) and post all the pictures to their own thread. Other participants (and the Cafe membership at large) visits everyone's thread and comments on what they have been shooting.

It is an exercise in concentration and perseverance. Shooting with a single lens (or perhaps two - oh, and they must be prime lenses) for a month is not as easy as it sounds. Especially if you develop a theme for your thread.

It's fun and I must say, every time I have done it, I have grown as a photographer.

Welcome to the fray!

ps, search this forum for "octoberfest" and you will see what has been done in the past.

pps, Octoberfest is not unique to the Nikon Cafe. Here is the genesis of Octoberfest, when a mysterious member called 'dcap' brought it to the Cafe.

Cheers Chris and thanks for the welcome.

Certainly something I would be most interested in, sounds fun but hard work too.

I could combine both fest's 'take a photo then swig a beer' that could be interesting :biggrin:

Graham

I had to fall out of last year's feat since my laptop crapped out and I should have my new MBP w retina shortly after the beginning of the month. Soooooo, I might be late starting, but this year I plan on doing a lot of photography and pp'ing of photos.

Hard to believe it has been almost a year since I had a stable laptop! Thank goodness I had access to mynwife's iPad! :)

We'll be on holiday from 10/5 thru 10/16 and won't be able to post pics or critique for a big chunk of the month. Seems like it would be unfair to participate. :(

If that's ok with the Fest-Meister, I'm in. But imho the biggest challenge of Octoberfest is a commitment for a full month, so a partial month participation seems a little unfair.

week 50 challenge?

Hello,
the first contact to the cafe for me was a week50 challenge and I really liked it. What do you think? Someone interested in a one week - one 50mm prime challenge?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom