Ring The Bell Thread- Challenge Announcements!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
How about the week starting Sunday, May 12? I will be on vacation off and on the rest of the month so any day is as good for me as another. I will be in and out of cell service the rest of the month.
Terri, I'll start it...

Thank you very much
Klaus

I think I'll join you. I've been manufacturing far too many excuses not to shoot.
Actually, I just took Adobe's creative test (Adobe Made a Quiz That Reveals What Creative Type You Are) and found out that my strength is "Full of big ideas . . preferring to see things not as they are but as they could be."

BUT, my weakness is: " (I am) . . limited by the boundaries of your own beliefs. . "

So, I need to get out of this rut of not believing!

I think I'll join you. I've been manufacturing far too many excuses not to shoot.
Actually, I just took Adobe's creative test (Adobe Made a Quiz That Reveals What Creative Type You Are) and found out that my strength is "Full of big ideas . . preferring to see things not as they are but as they could be."

BUT, my weakness is: " (I am) . . limited by the boundaries of your own beliefs. . "

So, I need to get out of this rut of not believing!
Nick also a visionary.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
My friends,
I like to apologize I've missed the "Summer Meme".
Should we move it to an other weekend?

Please, make suggestions
Klaus

Real Name
Chris
Ready for the 'mother of all memes' 2019?

Here are last year's Octoberfest rules, with my (ahem) additions and clarifications in RED, and my removals/deletions in struck-through BLUE. Let me know it these work for you, or if you have alternatives:

1. Shooting to be done with prime lens(es) (fixed focal length). Declare your chosen lens(es) in the meme's main thread. Your choice(s) will be listed in the 'contents' list.

2. Maximum of 31 images for the month in each participant's thread. (We will have a bucket thread for overflow images.)

3. Each participant is to start their own thread in order to share their work, titled in the following format:
2019 Octoberfest – Name - Level of Participation – Lens(es) – date of last update (additional information)
Example: 2019 Octoberfest – Chris101 – Player - 6mm f/2.8 Nikkor & 1600mm f/5.6 Leica – Oct. 01 (shot on expired Gold 400 film, with radioactive lens, cross processed in caffenol-C)
Please make sure your thread is open by September 30, and modify your thread title every time you add a picture.

4. Level of participation:
Hardcore: 1 prime only for the month, posting every day. Make sure to only post photos from your declared gear in the Octoberfest threads.
Player: 2 or 3 primes for the month, posting as often as possible, try for every other day. Make sure to only post photos from your declared gear in the Octoberfest threads.
Poser: Any prime lens, post whenever you like, but comment as often as possible (every day preferred!)

5. Posting goal is one photo a day (hey, this is supposed to be a challenge after all.) Life can get in the way, so if you miss some posts that's fine, but please try to post photos for the majority of the month. If you are out of town, your computer breaks or you do not have internet access for a few days, etc... you may post missed photos once you return/ regain access – just make sure each day's photos are posted within your thread, in separate posts clearly labeled for the missed day(s). There is no need to obtain prior permission to miss days.
We like to try an Octoberfest Light this year. The participants who like to try it should post 16 pictures. Every second day if possible, or the first or second half of the month. Please show it in the participant thread.

6. Comments from all participants on other participants' photos are appreciated. If a participant wishes to receive critique (either overtly, or by displaying the 'critique' label), and you choose to offer critique, please do so in a polite and helpful manner. If in doubt, leave it out. That said, if you are going to say something about another photographer's work, doing so is called critique. Wouldn't you prefer that your comments are interesting, especially to the Original Poster? Make them meaningful, and your 'critique' will be appreciated

7. Have fun and enjoy the company. This is the crux of the meme. Nikon Cafe is all about the cameraderie, so let's enjoy each other's company in a shooting and editing intensive environment for a month. I've come back to the Cafe after a(n effective) six year hiatus just to do this! I've got all new equipment, I've retired, I sold my home and moved after 50 years, I'm newlywed to my partner of 18 years, my kids are coming into their adulthood, AND I have some lovely (and photogenic!) grandchildren. Everything in my life is new to me.

Except Octoberfest, which fits like a blood soaked Bruno Magli.
Oops - did I just give away my Octoberfest theme?

Real Name
Chris
It's only 2 weeks and 2 days now! I'm already working on my prime list. Should I go purist or player this year? Choices, choices ...

I'm looking forward to shooting with you in the game Harry - when I think about past Octoberfests, I still recall your set in ... 2013 I think. I was wowed!

Real Name
Andy
@Chris101: I joined the Cafe earlier this year, so I have not been around for Oktoberfest yet. I have two questions:

1. Is it accurate to call it "hardcore" by posting results in the Oktoberfest meme from only 1 prime only for the whole month but still shooting other lenses for other work? Or is the intent to leave everything but one prime at home for the entire month without exception?

2. Is the intent that each person's theme be extremely cohesive for the month, or is the expectation simply to show our vision through a single focal length?

My approach, please correct if you see it differently, everybody:

1. One lens only for OF@hardcore, that is clear. The intention is to learn more about tht lens also, so shoot it often, and exclusively. If you 'need' another, as an exception only, you might allow that to yourself (but you must live with it, later...).
If it is you job to take pictures... of course THEN. OF is your free time, job is job.

2. The later: show what you see through that lens. It is possible to stick to a theme, but not mandatory. Check out elder OF threads to get an idea...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom