Rio de Janeiro panoramas....

JPS

...shot with my Nikon V1 and 10-30 lens !

The Sugar-Loaf and the cable-cars viewed from Flamengo Beach, over the Guanabara Bay !
13 shots in "landscape" orientation, handheld, giving about 180 degrees of view ! The uploaded image is 900x5662 pixels ! Click on the image to it full size !

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Copacabana beach in winter, shot from the Copacabana Fort !
17 shots in "portrait" orientation, giving about 160 degrees of view ! The uploaded image is 900x3317 pixels ! Click on the image to it full size !

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I spent a few days in Rio, and daren't take the D800 and all lenses, but the little Nikon V1 did a great job !

:biggrin:
J-P.

Attachments

JPS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very cool...! :cool:
Nice! I loved being able to just make out the cables for the cable cars. Great detail!
Thanks William and Karen !

Indeed, I'm surprised to see the sharpness of the details in the Nikon 1 images, and even mor in the panoramas ! The original "out of PTGui" were about 15000x6000 pixels !!! Incredible details in there !

...still, I'd like to take -sometime in the future- the same pics with the D800 ! THAT should be impressive !

:smile:
J-P.

JPS

Nice work, JP.
It seems a little strange not seeing Lake Geneva and the Alps in your images. Have you now received all of your gear?
Hi Bob !

One thing for sure: one cannot (read SHOULD NOT) wander around with a big DSLR plus lots of lenses in Brazil.... So I followed my wife and friend's advices and only brought the Nikon V1 with the 10-30, and the Tamron 70-300 mounted on the FT-1 adapter !

But for sure I will go back, with a GUIDE (or 2 or 3 big guys) and THEN I'll bring the D800 and all :rolleyes: !

BTW, I haven't got my things, as it takes quite some time to obtain my resident licence :frown: !

:redface:
J-P.

Well done JPS! The one time I was in Rio was '86 and I didn't bring a camera. So, I bought a disposable camera and took some really bad shots. I think your "standby" camera was way better!

JPS

Well done JPS! The one time I was in Rio was '86 and I didn't bring a camera. So, I bought a disposable camera and took some really bad shots. I think your "standby" camera was way better!
Thanks ! First time I went to Rio de Janeiro was back in 1980 !!! It was much less "dangerous" then, and I brought my Canon EF with 6 or 7 lenses..... I took a lot of pics (in 35mm film, that was), and wandered everywhere, without really worrying !

...but nowadays, everybody seems a bit paranoid about assault, mainly because of drug addicts ! Ohhh well.... Times they are a'changing, isn't it ? (...and not in the best way :frown: )

:wink:
J-P.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom