RIP Geoff Cronje aka Papa G

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gofast, Jul 13, 2008.

1. It has just reached my attention that Papa G aka Geoff Cronje has passed away
    from a heart attack. My condolence's to his family and close friends. :Sad:

More information can be found on these 2 places....

[​IMG]

2. I only knew Geoff via the internet, primarily through Nikongear, and he was a true gentleman and one of the most entusiastic photographers I have ever encountered. This is such a sad time. Terrible, shocking news. He will be missed by many.

3. i'm so sorry to hear this
    i appreciate you letting us know

my prayers are with his family
    may he rest in peace

4. How very sad......he will be greatly missed, both online and in person. My sympathy to his family and friends.

5. Geoff was working on a series of street portraits, titled "The Daily Soapy". Most of the shots are with his D200 and his newly acquired 85 1.4 lens. Man, did he ever love that lens. :smile:

Here is a link to that series. As you can see, he shot with true compassion and wit- something that is very hard to do. Yet, Geoff pulled it off with amazing ease.

http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=10003.0

6. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Aw. I hate reading threads like these. I enjoyed looking through his galleries and hope he is shooting away up in heaven. Hugs to his friends and family.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.