RIP the D810?

When browsing the Nikon UK site earlier today I tried to side-step the Z-mania by going to the DSLR area and searching for D810. The response was Out of Stock. That got me to go to my favourite UK dealer, Wex Photographic, and they had no new D810s listed.

Both sites had D750s though; Either the D810 has suddenly become very popular or ... .

I do think they are no longer being made. There are inventories around if you want to buy one new.
Now that would not be too surprising given the 850 and the Z lines, were it not that the older and less featured D750 is still available from the Nikon web site. And I already have a D810 and love it!

Real Name
Chris
Now that would not be too surprising given the 850 and the Z lines, were it not that the older and less featured D750 is still available from the Nikon web site. And I already have a D810 and love it!

The 750 is a different class of camera. It's smaller, lighter and considerably less expensive than the 8XX series cameras. That's why it remains popular even though they are on generation 3 of the 8XX line.

Real Name
Chris
My 850 is the first digital Nikon I’ve loved since my original D2x. It feels just the right size and weight in my hands, and all the controls are in the right places. I think I will keep this camera for a long time.

Latest threads

Top Bottom