Risky practices...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Jun 4, 2007.

1. From time to time we all do risky things to capture "that" shot. Today, I found myself shooting on the top of a roof, just to capture an unusual perspective of some old churches, for a work I'm doing on religious stuff:

View attachment 99069

May be I must be more carefull in the future...

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    You certainly have some interesting subjects to work with.

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    pretty amazing Rui, thanks for sharing.

Doug

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Beautiful place, Rui!

Maybe we should start a New Post: What's the craziest/most dangerous thing you've done to get a photo?

5. heh nice pics, kwl subject and all.
    i agree with you bolts and that new post idea of urs:p
    ive also done some crazy stuff just to get a pic, and also waited hours just to get the right light and stuff...

6. Ok.Let's play. Show us how crazy you were to get a pic

Thanks for the kind comments.
    Besides the actual risk (I only realized how risky it was as I walked today around the place and looked at the roof from the street), I had to ask for authorization to get there... well... lots of explanations and the need to fulfill a formal request. I must say that the building where I shot from is the Oporto university headquarters and nowadays with this thing of terrorism...
    Now, I find the suggestion of a thread showing what we sometimes do to take pics, very interesting.
    Please share your experiences.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes