Ritz D200 Order: "In Stock and reserved"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tosh, Dec 14, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

These 4 new words from Ritz certainly make me more hopeful for Christmas. The old phrase "We will ship the order as soon as the products are received from the manufacturer" was getting a little tired.

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi glenn-

noooo! i called ritz and they said it would ship today or tomorrow. unfortunately i'll be on a plane on friday, so my camera's going to sit in its box until i get back on Christmas day :mad: :Curved: :Shocked: :eek: :confused:

ricky

3. Hi Ricky,

Good to hear from you. From what I recall, Ritz ships from California, so maybe you have a shot of getting it before you embark on your trip. Me the cheapie chose the free ground shipping, and with the holiday frenzy and the weather pattern shaping up for next week, I might not get to touch mine until after Christmas. Oh well, I hope Nikon USA at least puts the D200 manual on their website soon.

Glenn

4. Hey what are the chances of me walking into a random Ritz camera and picking one up? I need that camera bad!

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi glenn-

i went for the two day air since it wasn't that much more, but stupid me didn't remember my flight schedule. i called ritz again to change that to next day air as that might've made it in time, but they told me that my order was in the process of being shipped, so it's too late to change my shipping option :frown:

my trip would've been a great test for the camera as i'll be attending an night import car show (flash, dark, mixed lighting with bright highlights) and taking some surfing shots. my D2H will have to do i guess :)

ricky

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi jonathan-

slim i would think, but if you have the time you can give it a try.

if you drive up to the bay area there will be a D200 sitting on my front porch.... :wink:

ricky

7. I am on a plane back to Seattle from England tomorrow, and I am hoping that mine is sitting in the store just waiting for my grubby little paws to get hold of it......

I'll keep mine crossed for you, if you keep yours crossed for me :wink:

8. Hey Ricky,

Be careful what you say. Don't forget that I know your address.:biggrin:

California's a little far for me, but gee, I wonder how much :Money: :Money: :Money: Jonathan really wants that D200 . . . . :wink:

9. Hmm, I bet I can track your IP address and then get your address. 5-6 Hour drive to the bay area, and I'll have a brand new D200 in my hands! hahaha! :p

10. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi glenn and jonathan-

i can feel the love from both of you :tongue: i think i'll ask my neighbor to watch out for the camera :wink:

no tracking info from ritz yet, so it may not even get here by the weekend.

ricky

11. Checked on my Ritz order Thursday morning and it is listed as shipped with a UPS tracking number!

12. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi glenn-

mine says shipped but no tracking number. sigh, now i need to figure out how to get it shipped to the hotel i'll be staying at, or else i won't log on until i get back so i don't get envious of all the pix everyone will be taking with their D200's :wink:

odd thing though, i checked my credit card this morning, and ritz hasn't charged me for it yet :confused:

ricky

13. Ricky,

Although my Ritz order status page says shipped and gives a tracking number, I just checked and my credit card hasn't been hit either. Probably just takes time for the card companies to update card activity. I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

Hope you get your D200 soon.

14. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi glenn-

i momentarily entertained the thought of cancelling my credit card :biggrin: but then i need it for my upcoming trip (amex, so i don't slip into the bad habit of letting a balance build up).

you'll probably get your camera next week, just in time for Chrismtas. i'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

ricky