Riverwalk...x2

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by MGlennn, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Recent trip to San Antonio....here's the Riverwalk (original)

44510275-L.

...and here's the same shot with a Hayes Island variation.. :smile:

44510255-L.

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Mike

Now that is brilliant!

Did you have that processing in mind when you took the shot because it works so well.

I must try that because I didn't realise it could come out as well.

Really great....if I get stuck, I will give you a call for help on that one please.

All the best

Ray

3. Thanks Ray...appreciate your input :smile:

I DID have an idea when I took the shot that it might have some interesting post-processing possibilities...:wink:

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Mike, the Hayes Island Effect is one of my all time favorites and it did good on your shot. I will sometimes use it on a duplicate image then copy/paste it over the original and bring down the opacity a bit. Sometimes it works, others not so good.
    Jarrell

5. Thanks Jarrell....appreciate yours comments :smile:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hayes Island works great on a great image :>))

You did a wonderful job.

7. Thanks Gale....appreciate your comments
    :biggrin:

8. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Mike,

this is really brilliant! Could you please explain me what the Hayes Island effect is?

9. great work, I remember sitting at one of those little tables about 5 years ago, getting my daily dose of tex-mex fire food

10. Thanks for the nice (but undeserved) comments...most of the work is easy once you learn the tutorial...then you can adjust to taste..:smile:

Here it is..... play with it some and have fun..

http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutorials/haye-island-cafe/hayes-island-cafe.htm

11. Thanks Phil....:smile: I did consume my share of Tex-Mex :Depressed

12. Have to agree with the others! This is a great shot for that effect. I've played around with Hayes Island and keep waiting to apply it to the perfect shot. You've done just that.

For those interested, there is a Hayes Island action available on ATNCentral website for free download.

13. Thanks for the link, Mike. I'll have to give this a try. In your experience are there other types of subject matter, other than an outdoor cafe, where you have tried the "Hayes Effect"? What was the result?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

14. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thanks a lot. It is a great tutorial. Just tried it out myself.

15. Thanks Kevin...appreciate your comments :smile: I have not tried the action yet, so will have to do that also and compare...:cool:

16. Thanks for commenting Virginia....you can use this effect on just about anything......:biggrin: ...most times it turns out pretty good...only occasionally does it just plain flop :frown: I usually try it on an image that looks pretty good but not sensational (you know what I mean :wink: )...to give things a boost.

17. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super shot and conversion Mike. Taylor made for this effect. by the way, hoep you are still enjoying that 300AFS,

Cheers,

Wade

18. Hayes Island Is one of my favorite and so is the Hayes Hollywood Cardiff too. Nice picture too of the first one.

19. You don't have to do all that hard work of the tutorial. There is an action for this.

20. Thanks Wade....yep....sure enjoying the 300....hope your new (? 200 ?) is OK as well....goood to hear from you.....
    :smile: