Riviere Rouge has the blues

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Morning mist on Rivière Rouge.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D70
    2005/09/11 07:59:47
    Compressed RAW (12-bit)
    Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
    Lens: 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 G
    Focal Length: 24mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/50 sec - F/13
    Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 200
    Optimize Image: Custom
    White Balance: Preset
    AF Mode: Manual
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Color Mode: Mode IIIa (sRGB)
    Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
    Hue Adjustment: 0°
    Saturation: Enhanced
    Sharpening: Normal
    Image Comment:
    Long Exposure NR: Off

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    This makes my day,I love it!!

3. Absolutely gorgeous image. The slight mist really makes this picture. Well done.

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very Nicely Done. Love the pastel features of the morning mist :smile:

Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

5. Absolutely nice. You captured a good mood with the fog and the colors. Very well done.
    Ben

6. lovely image! Well captured mood.

7. Wow, very nicely captured, Christian.
    We surely are entering a beautiful period of the year...

8. Wow! What a great image.
    A question, however: Did the grass really have this color or have you boosted the green? I mean, it's nice but somehow also has a bit too much weight (esp. in the foreground), making it difficult to turn the eye towards the misty part.
    Anyway, I envy you for this shot. I never have my camera with me when I encounter such views :Depressed
    Cheers

9. First, thanks to all for your comments and questions. Frits is right : this is maybe the best time of the year for outdoor photography. Sunrise and sunset are at reasonable hours, the sun is lower on the horizon with a warmer light, no more bugs in the woods.
    Harry, the answer to your question is yes, and no. That is the colours have been boosted from the original, but not only the greens. I agree it may be strong, but as the sun was almost lifting the fog, this how it struck me : the contrast between the fore- and the background, like the season shift happening right there.