Road to Monument Valley

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    This shot is also from my visit last week to Monument Valley. For those folks who haven't been there this is what you see shortly after leaving Mexican Hat but before you get to the valley itself. It's a classic shot and someone thought it may have been where Forest Gump ended his run across the country. All I did in pp was apply a levels adjustment but that really increased the contrast. The original histogram was narrowly concentrated in the center.

Mike

2. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    It looks like a real lumpy road, or else the guys who painted the white lines weren't very good!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol@Steve
    Maybe the fumes from the paint..got them a bit tipsy...lol

Nice shot.
    Very interesting

4. Now that's a ride.:smile:

5. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    You folks are a riot:biggrin: :biggrin:. It's an example of telephoto lens compression. The view you're seeing is probably close to 3-4 miles. Actually when you ride on the road, its not perfect but you really don't notice any bumps.

Mike

6. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
  7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Masa, Thanks for your help. It's amazing what lens perspective can do. You had a much clearer day and better sky than I did. Nice shot.

Mike

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Very nice shot - I like the deliniation between for foreground and background - at the top of the first hill - it makes both portions of the photo stand out.