1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Road to nowhere

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by mehta916, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mehta916

mehta916

Aug 2, 2008
    Los Angeles
    First picture post for me on here. Could anyone give me any tips on the white sky, Ive searched but new input is always welcome. As far as editing goes I touched it with a bit of PS just to brighten it up a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Noahhh

Noahhh

Aug 4, 2008
    Oklahoma
    This has semi-bad quality, just because its been uploaded to tinypic which is lo-res quality.

Sites like flickr have hi-res which will give you better quality and sharper looking images. Just a suggestion.

A Neutral Density (ND) filter will help to get rid of those blown out(white) skies.

Also, try to make your horizon straight, and not tilted.

3. Hi Mehta,
    When the sky is brighter than your subject it will get a little burned. You can modify it a little with a filter, but it's more a matter of the angle you choose in relation to where the sun is in the sky. This was with a polarizer, with the light coming from behind me.
    2680843099_de9114ba01_b.

Extreme example, you don't have to go this blue :biggrin:
    2682450674_05d99c5829_b.
    Hope this helps, Fred

4. ND would have been hard to use here because of all the tree tops--ND works best/easiest with a straight horizon. Perhaps a polarizer would have helped--especially if you are at right angles to the sun. You can also correct as part of your in-computer processing. Capture NX2 for example,allows you to selectively darken and even change the color of sections of a scene.

5. mehta916

mehta916

Aug 2, 2008
    Los Angeles
    alright cool thanks for all the input, ill definitely keep in mind keeping the horizon level, and the angle I am to the sun.

6. yuriy435

yuriy435

Nov 1, 2008
    Rocklin, CA
    deyer lane it doesnt look bad for having a camera for a couple of days we should go back thier some time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.