Roads to Charlotte

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by CliffB, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Though I have lived just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina, for 12 years, I have never taken a shot of the Charlotte skyline. This was largely due to the fact that I could not find a decent vantage point from which to do so. Last night, I decided that it was time to make an attempt at a shot with the city skyline. Here are a couple that resulted. I have never tried this type of shot before; and, hopefully, I learned some things to improve on, for a next attempt.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow great shots
    Second is awesome
    Beautiful colors

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Stunning! I second Gale!

4. nice shots, i know exactly where the 2nd shot was from

5. Thank you, Gale and Mark.

6. Then you know exactly where the first show was from; as, the tripod did not move between these two shots.

7. Cliff,

These are great!!! I love the color of the sky in #1. :smile:

8. Amazing shots. The colors are great as well.
    If only those trees on left weren't in way :[.

9. Cliff, really cool shots with great colors.
    Please share the exif data.

10. Thank you, Gretchen.

11. Thank you, Steve. I have already made a mental note to return to the spot, in the winter, when the leaves are no longer on those trees.

12. Thank you, Darrell. Both shots were with a Nikon D70, 30 sec. @ f/11, ISO 200, Sigma 17-70 @ 50mm, on the first shot, and 24mm, on the second one.

13. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Cliff,
    Really wonderful shots and a little bit different. Good eye and good creativity.
    Mike

14. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

To much for me! But very well done!

15. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Great shots Cliff.
    Been there several times but never had the opportunity to capture it.
    Nicely done.

16. Thank you, Mike, Daniel and Kevin.

17. Cliff:
    I love this shot of Charlotte. My daughter goes to school there. Where did you shoot this from? We will be in town this coming weekend and I would like to try this myself.

Thanks,
    Sharon

18. cliff, i 2 like these photos...please share with me what u took them with and at please. db

19. Thank you, Sharon. I shot this from the North Kings Drive - Central Avenue Bridge, over the end of Independence Boulevard. On the left, is the ramp to John Belk Freeway; and, on the right, is the ramp to Brookshire Boulevard.

20. Thanks, David. As I mentioned, in an earlier reply, both shots were with a Nikon D70, 30 sec. @ f/11, ISO 200, Sigma 17-70 @ 50mm, on the first shot, and 24mm, on the second one. They were shot about 45 minutes after sunset.