Roadscape Photos

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Pete, May 13, 2007.

1. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Years ago, I bought a Nikon CP5000 to carry around. Being used to a DSLR, the P&S was very difficult to use and more of a "pita" to carry around. The camera sat on the shelf for a long time then I got the bright idea to mount it on the windshield of my truck. I used a real simple mount made from an old rearview mirror and $2 glue kit. When I travel, I set it to take a picture every two minutes as I drive. The previously unused camera now has many thousands of exposures on it. Here are some of the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out my Blog page and Gallery on it:
    Blog:
    http://www.pete.3rdtrick.com/?page_id=3

Gallery Slide show:
    http://www.photos.3rdtrick.com/displayimage.php?album=9&pid=56&slideshow=5000

Thanks for looking...

2. This is way cool! Love the slide show! Please tell me about the timer.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is cool:>)))

4. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Greg, Thanks Gale,
    Greg, the timer is the MC-EU1 Remote cord/interval timer. It uses the button battery and does not have real good battery life. I use a power supply on the camera but it does not power the remote cord. The nice thing about it is that I can use it as a remote cord and fire the camera when I want in addition to the interval timer.

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    That is very cool.
    I sometimes shoot as Im driving but miss tons of opportunities for safety reasons , seems like youve got that figured out.

6. Super cool slide show!! a great use for a really good,but super slow camera! I also started digital with the 5000, great quality shots for it's time, and it still takes good pics! Thanks for showing your setup.