Roadscape Photos

Years ago, I bought a Nikon CP5000 to carry around. Being used to a DSLR, the P&S was very difficult to use and more of a "pita" to carry around. The camera sat on the shelf for a long time then I got the bright idea to mount it on the windshield of my truck. I used a real simple mount made from an old rearview mirror and $2 glue kit. When I travel, I set it to take a picture every two minutes as I drive. The previously unused camera now has many thousands of exposures on it. Here are some of the results:

normal_DSCN__46.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

normal_DSCN58_8.jpg

normal_DSCN5622.jpg

normal_DSCN_848.jpg

normal_DSCN5404.jpg

Check out my Blog page and Gallery on it:
Blog:
http://www.pete.3rdtrick.com/?page_id=3

Gallery Slide show:
http://www.photos.3rdtrick.com/displayimage.php?album=9&pid=56&slideshow=5000

Thanks for looking...

Thanks Greg, Thanks Gale,
Greg, the timer is the MC-EU1 Remote cord/interval timer. It uses the button battery and does not have real good battery life. I use a power supply on the camera but it does not power the remote cord. The nice thing about it is that I can use it as a remote cord and fire the camera when I want in addition to the interval timer.

That is very cool.
I sometimes shoot as Im driving but miss tons of opportunities for safety reasons , seems like youve got that figured out.

Super cool slide show!! a great use for a really good,but super slow camera! I also started digital with the 5000, great quality shots for it's time, and it still takes good pics! Thanks for showing your setup.

Latest threads

Top Bottom