Roadtrip photo ops?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natelam, May 5, 2007.

1. Tomorrow morning, I'm leaving Lansing, MI and driving cross country to Phoenix, AZ. My route takes me through St. Louis, MO, and Santa Fe, NM...any "can't miss it" spots along the way (no detours preferred) that you recommend getting out of the car for? Thanks =)

2. Could you give more details on your planned route? Santa Fe seems a bit out of the way - are you going through Denver and then down I-25?

3. Depends on how much time you have and what your interests are. Some places of interest around Santa Fe: Bandelier, Tent Rocks, Shidoni Foundry, Chimayo, McAllister Lake (birds and wildlife outside of Las Vegas, NM), Sandia Peak (Albuquerque). And that just barely scratches the surface. Santa Fe itself is loaded with galleries and attractions. A little further afield is Abiquiu, Chama, Taos, Jemez, and Chaco Canyon, all very interesting areas. If you are traveling I-40 west out of Albuquerque to Arizona, you'll go near Acoma Pueblo.

4. Nate, I HIGHLY recommend detouring to the Utah/Arizona border.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    St. Louis Arch