Roadtrip to France

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Flyfishdk, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

Last night I returned from me and my wifes summer holiday in Frace. We are living in Denmark and vent by car to France. We started the trip in the easten France in Bourgogne where we visited alot of diffrent wineyards....we got the car full of wine....after that we vent to the little whitewine town of Chablis. When the car was totally full of fantastic wine we took the 450 km drive to Provence where we where enjoying the countryside in the small mountain towns..... we where on the road for 2 weeks and it has been fantastic.

This is the first pics I have worked on....

1. Tittle: Peace
    DSC_0960lille.

2. Tittle: The Bar
    DSC_1040copylille.

DSC_3246lille.

4. Tittle: Entrance to.....
    DSC_3263lille.

DSC_3275lille.

6. Tittle: La Poste
    DSC_3300lille.

7. Tittle: The Saint
    DSC_3379lille.

DSC_3479lille.

9. Tittle: Suffering. This pic is from the Cemetary for fallen Amarican soldiers in WWII in Draguignan.
    DSC_3593lille.

DSC_3652lille.

DSC_1015lille.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  2. Nico, Great pictures. Love the compositions.

I was in Lyon last week and made a quick trip to Beaune to sample some Bourgognes. Unfortunately I was travelling home by air and not able to fill a car with wine, but I did manage to get some bottles in the suitcase.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. You can relive the trip through your photos while sipping the wonderful wine you brought home. :smile:

3. Nico, You did a beautiful job capturing the essence of France. My wife is French and she will love seeing these photos tomorrow, it's 11:30PM and she's sleeping now.

In your travels did you see any of the Tour de France? I remember seeing cyclists tackle the mountains around Provence and I gained a lot of respect for those athletes in the Tour.

Your black and white photos are beautiful. Do you have a special post process technique?

I look forward to more of your photos.

Regards,

4. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Bob and Willy

Thanks for the nice words.

Willy: we where in Beaune and Lyon 1½ weeks ago so we almost crossed each other. :) and yes I'm enjoying sitting sipping some of wine while i'm try to keep up with all there has happen in here while I was gone.

Bob: I hope your wife like the pics aswell. I did not see any of the tour but we went trough some of the small towns where the tour just has pasted 2-3 days before, all the decorating was still there. And yes,... there was alot of bikeraiders and they also have my great respect, it's some serius "hills" they have....

About my black and white conversion. I use a plugin I have found. After I have used that plugin I work with the contrast and Gamma light. the link to the plugin are here: http://www.photo-plugins.com/Plugins/Plugins/B-W-Conversion.html

I hope you can use it...

5. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

yes.. very nice...
    number 10 is a hit!
    Well done!

6. Nico,

Those pictures are very nice, I like #5 the best this said they are all very good. The Barman doesn't look too happy in picture number 2 :wink:

I really like that you mix color and B&W photos, nicely done.

7. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Dude

It was not actully me he was pointing at. the guy with the white jacket and the pointing guy had a big argue....

Thanks for the nice comments...

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Love them, THe buildings alleys & narrow streets of europe make for some nice subjects.

9. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    im french and i dont find anything french about ur pictures(even if find them very good technically)....speaking of tour de france all the racers are cheading 70 p 100 of french people dont have respect for them anymore

10. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark

hi and thanks for the words..... there most be some french in them... they are shoot in France.... hmmmm maybe you don't see them as a french thing but every person I have shown them to, have thougt they looked just as frech as they could. We maybe have diffrent meenings of what there is french.

but thanks for the nice words about my techniq

11. Absolutely beautiful! I like all of them but I think my favorite is #4.

12. beautiful!

I especially like number 7...

13. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    #5, 8, & 9 are my favorites.
    Great series.

14. platano

platano Guest

nice dude.. great pics

15. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Thank you for the image at Draguignan. This is nice reminder of our love and sacrifice for freedom everywhere.

16. Very nice set of images from France. They are QUITE French even though the French doesn't think so.