Roar against Rascism

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiwi, Jul 12, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Last night back to Suncorp Stadium for a pre-season soccer friendly, Queensland Roar (3) vs Palmeiras (1) from Brazil.

The game is used to promote campaigns against rascism

[​IMG]

2. Goal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Palmeiras's goal

[​IMG]

6. Entertainment

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

8. Anthem Singer

[​IMG]

9. Finally, the best shot from the night I think

[​IMG]

D300, Sigma 120-300

2. nice series, darren
    thanks for sharing them with us

3. Nice work, what happened to the keeper's head in No.2? looks like it got knocked off

4. Darren, numbers 1 and 9 are stunning. What makes them a cut above, in my opinion, is that there is slight movement on the ball. Very well done.

I see you changed the shutter speed from 1/800 to 1/640 - did the light change or do you routinely change the shutter speed depending on what the ISO is doing ? I assume you were using auto ISO ?

Thanks,

5. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks, I cropped the keeper's head for effect Brooks........

Craig, I shot completely manual - manual exposure and wb, last night, but, one bad habit I have when chimping is to "accidentally" change the shutter speed. It sometimes takes me a few shots to realise what I have done.

I did not use autoiso. One thing I did differently between halfs was turn NR and ADL off as well. I usually have it set to low.

Quite a small effect, but I actually think on the D300 anyhow, having everything manual actually results in better AF and sharper shots that therefore don't actually need as much PP, if any

I might be slow, but, bit of a revelation actually

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Well done Darren
    2 ,3 and 9 stand out for me