rob galbraith's preview of the 1D mk III

Given Canon's track record and all the Pro's they must cater too. I am fairly confident that they will put out a quality product in the final production release.

It will be interesting to see if some of the features for image quality are brought into their other products i.e. 5D successor.

About the time canon figures things out Nikon will come out with the next bomb and blow them away

lolol

They will
They always do:>)))))))

Canon may get glory for the short haul.

But Nikon carries it for the long haul.
Which is better

Well, most of my lenses will fit it. :)

I'll be swapping my 1DMKIIn for one of the MKIII in October.....

I only want ISO 3200 to be improved a bit....and that 3" LCD looks sweet. The rest of the camera is pretty close to what I got.

As for Nikon "blowing them away", well, lets hope they have something pretty special in the works for that D3X & D3H.... I know several Nikon loyalists anxiously awaiting the Nikon "bomb".... If it falls short, these folks are all going Canon...most with either the FF 5D or the MKIII.

Well, most of my lenses will fit it. :)

I'll be swapping my 1DMKIIn for one of the MKIII in October.....

I only want ISO 3200 to be improved a bit....and that 3" LCD looks sweet. The rest of the camera is pretty close to what I got.

As for Nikon "blowing them away", well, lets hope they have something pretty special in the works for that D3X & D3H.... I know several Nikon loyalists anxiously awaiting the Nikon "bomb".... If it falls short, these folks are all going Canon...most with either the FF 5D or the MKIII.

So the body lust has already caught up with you Randy ? :biggrin:

Oh and if ever your friends switch , be sure to send them to the for sale forum :smile:

Even I have been captivated by this camera. I am 15th on the call list at the same place I got my first D200, and I'm just a few hundred shy of having the money for it in pocket. I already got an EOS-1V film camera to get used to their way of doing things.

Assuming the Nikon D3 series isn't an image quality or AF flop, it'll be one of each.

I

imageswest

I should be getting mine pretty soon... maybe I should sell it to Randy? :wink:

Even I have been captivated by this camera. I am 15th on the call list at the same place I got my first D200, and I'm just a few hundred shy of having the money for it in pocket. I already got an EOS-1V film camera to get used to their way of doing things.

Assuming the Nikon D3 series isn't an image quality or AF flop, it'll be one of each.

Hey Harrison, good to see you again.

I'm 8th on a list here in Seattle and in wait and see mode. Sold off my D2XS and D2HS and messing with the 5D.

Good to see you.

OKAY Nikon, we're waiting.....

You'll have to wait till September or around Nikon's 90th Anniv. I have put off buying a D2xs becuase by fall a new Pro DSLR from Nikon will be on the market. I am also hopefully of some lens upgrades (400mm AFS F2.8 VR)

I still don't understand how to use most canon cameras lol

neither did I but this Mark III seems to do things far more logically than the prior 1-series cameras :)

Meanwhile yes, I have sold off some gear to buy this camera and some lenses for it, but nothing I was using all that much.
35/1.4L, 135/2.0L, and 50/1.4 USM ready for the mark III, 200/2VR, 17-55 2.8, etc. ready for the D3 :)

neither did I but this Mark III seems to do things far more logically than the prior 1-series cameras :)

Meanwhile yes, I have sold off some gear to buy this camera and some lenses for it, but nothing I was using all that much.
35/1.4L, 135/2.0L, and 50/1.4 USM ready for the mark III, 200/2VR, 17-55 2.8, etc. ready for the D3 :)

I think you are trying to convince yourself that it does things more logically than previous 1-series cameras. Perhaps because Rob Galbraith has said so :) Most users say it now works like a 5D, which is completely awkward, but something that can become accustomed to.

Before doing something drastic, I would hold off and see what Nikon brings to the table. I am sure that when they do release their new DSLR Nikon will make us all happy again.

I cannot see the justification in spending money to jump ship unless your current gear is holding you back.

Very few poeple jump ship, lots of peoplt talk about it, but only the wealthy and large organisations can really afford such a move, after all you would have to sell all your current gear and replace all of it with the other make, to gain what? Nothing really, if you hang on till September the D3h will better the current MK III.

What do you gain from selling off and moving to Canon? Nothing except a 10MP camera at 10FPS, now i am still shooting with a D2hs and my clients and publishers are more than ahppy with the JPEG file size, if anything they dont want 10Meg JPEG files hogging there servers up.

Canon have been behind in some areas for a while, they have now caught up, Nikon will do the same later this year and the race continues, if i could afford to own both then perhaps i would, but my ONLY motivation for this would be for the Canon 400mm IS lens, no other reason, my hope is that Nikon release the 400mm AFS F2.8 VR later this year...

Latest threads

Top Bottom