Roberts Imaging in Indy...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mood, Jul 26, 2007.

1. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    anyone have any dealings with Roberts in Indy ?
    reliable, good service such as BH ?
    feedback appreciated

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have purchased from Roberts via internet without any snags. Roberts Imaging is a sponsor to Sportsshooter.com and they have a great reputation with their membership. Purchase with confidence.

3. Frank:

As a "born and bread" hoosier (born in Indianapolis), I can well attest that Roberts Imaging is a well established place...good people and a great store in downtown Indianapolis on S. Meridian street. There prices may not be as good as B&H, but a great "brick & mortor" store just the same. Buy with confidence. I visit the store on occasion when I return home to see family...now live in Florida.

4. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    I have bought a lot of stuff from them. (18-200VR, D80..etc.) I found them at least as good as B&H if not better.

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    thanks Frank, Brian and Dan
    glad to hear it
    gonna pull the trigger on a 17-55 and they are one of the only ones that have it in stock that I could find...

now.....wheres that credit card....lol

6. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Another Indianapolis resident here....Robert's is a well established, been around forever camera store. Pull the trigger..you have nothing to worry about :smile:

7. I've made several purchases.
    Great service and very good prices.

Don

8. American

American

Dec 20, 2006
    I had earlier today purchased Nikon's 17-55 f/2.8 and a 10.5 fisheye from Roberts Imaging. Hopefully, I'll get it either Friday or Saturday.

9. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    They are a very reliable outfit, but there are a few things you should know about the way they do business that they don't offer up unless you ask. First, they will only ship to the credit card address until you are "an established customer" which is confusing. My first order, I was told the second order would consider me an established customer. When I went to place a second order, I was told I was not yet established and there didn't seem to be any specifics as to how one becomes an "established customer". Next, someone at the credit card address has to be there to sign for the package in person. You can't sign the ticket and leave it, it has to be signed for in person. This can create some problems for folks who live alone and work.
    Other than that, as said, sometimes their prices aren't as good as B&H, but sometimes they are a little better (on flash memory, for example). So, if the above stuff isn't an issue for you, all will be fine.

10. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    my credit card address is a PO box , so hopefully that will be okay for them..
    guess i'll find out

11. I have bought twice from them with no problems. Prompt delivery and decent pricing. Nowadays I pretty much just go to B&H, but I would not have a hesitation going back to Roberts.

12. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Frank, that's a great lens. I am sure you don't feel a difference in your credit card bill when you see the result. :)