Robin Speckle-Breast....

Not sure if this is an immature Robin or if it just molting, but the breast coloring is definitely different from what you usually see.

All shot with the D2H / 300 2.8 + TC-17EII (hand held!!).

25118932-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

25118937-O.jpg

25113983-O.jpg

Lots more Robins can be seen here:
http://flew.smugmug.com/gallery/72815/3/25113983

Hey Frank!
I got the same critter at the park today, he was hanging out with a bunch of other Robins that had normal colors, but he (She?) looked so odd I wasn;t sure it was the same breed.

dunno.jpg

Same critter, right?

twig said:
Hey Frank!
I got the same critter at the park today, he was hanging out with a bunch of other Robins that had normal colors, but he (She?) looked so odd I wasn;t sure it was the same breed.

dunno.jpg

Same critter, right?

twig,

Yeah, I noticed that you had one too just before I posted mine. I think that Mike is correct, and that these are juveniles.

Thanks,

twig said:
What was your iso and shutter?

twig,

I shot at ISO 320. The shutter speed was between 1/125 and 1/250. BTW, I misstated the lens / TC that I was shooting with. It was the 1.4 not the 1.7 TC, so the focal length was 420mm, not 510mm. Still pretty tough to hand hold at those shutter speeds.

Wow! Quite impressive to hand-hold at such low speed for the FL and get such a clean, crisp result! My favorite is the first pic, with the droplet on his beak and the feet in the water...

Latest threads

Top Bottom