Robin

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Ales, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Ales

Ales

Dec 29, 2005
    Kamnik, Slovenia
    Image of Robin. Taken with Nikon D100 and Sigma 70-300mm at 300mm

[​IMG]

Ales

2. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Beautiful shot.

3. Lovely shot Ales. As you will see I photograph mainly birds myself :biggrin:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is really a beautiful shot and birdie. One of my favorite birds. Not seeing them in Florida often. Only when migrating. Have yet to get a decent shot.

5. Lovely shot, beautiful bird. Songbirds are quickly becoming my favorite pursuit.
    Dave

6. Gale, this is a European Robin, not at all the same bird as our American Robin, although they both do have a red breast (hence, I think, how "ours" was named!) :biggrin: If you saw one of these in migration you'd better report it to the local Rare Bird Alert, LOL :wink: And you're right, the American Robin is not so common in Florida as it is up here, that's for sure!

7. Fantastic I love shooting songbirds and this is top shelf look forward to more posts

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Janet,
    I thought he looked a bit smaller :>))

Edit. Read Janets post wrong..
    Yes that would be a rare find in Florida..Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2005
  9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ales,

Excellent shot. As Janet said, a little different than the native species here in NA. A little smaller, but still very pretty.

10. Ales

Ales

Dec 29, 2005
    Kamnik, Slovenia
    Thanks for comment. I like to photograph birds, but I don't have right equipment. I only have Sigma 70-300mm bird photography. All birds looks like a spot on Images. I managed to get close to it after a lot of time. I went to park almost every day in winter and give food to it (and other birds). It was shy at first, and after 3 months It almost eat from hand. It came to about 1m(3feet?) or less.

I manage to shoot it. I have a few other spicies, but nothing special. (I managed some swan shots, but not in flight). For now I mainly watch (and feed) birds.

Ales

Regards, Ales

11. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Pretty Robin,lovely colours!