1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Robins (European)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by alanhill, Apr 10, 2007.

1. The most conspicuous woodland birds at this time of year, because both males and females hold territories and sing vigourously.

PenningtonFl005_295.
    NIKON D200    ---    300mm    f/5.6    1/200s    ISO 100

But you get closer views from a hide.

PenningtonFl004b_004.
    NIKON D200    ---    300mm    f/4.0    1/200s    ISO 100

PenningtonFl005_169.
    NIKON D200    ---    300mm    f/6.3    1/125s    ISO 100

Alan

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Alan,

These are excellent. What was your set-up on these shots?

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nice shots Alan - different than the north american robins - nice feather details.

4. Alan, very nice shots of a pretty bird. I wish we had some of them around here. There are so many American robins - perhaps 80% or more of the birds I see on a daily basis.

5. Wonderful images, spirited little guy. Funny how our robins are fully red underneath, and yours have bibs. Nice to study foreign birds. More?

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Lovely Alan. Number 1 really gives a feeling for the bird's spunky character. I especially like #2 for the lighting and the delicate feather detail.

7. Excellent set.

Louie

8. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Very well done, Mike

9. Very Nice Series They look somewhat like our Eastern Bluebird.

10. Thank you all for your comments.

D200 & 300mm f/4 AT-S, on monopod for first shot and resting on hide window sill for the other two. I meant to add that, but I forgot :redface:

Our robins are grouped with the chats and redstarts. This group was thought to be related to the thrush family (of course your robin is a proper thrush); but they have now been moved in with the Old World flycatchers - so it's not closely related to a New World species. Of course whenever English speaking people have visited another part of the world and spotted a medium-sized bird with a red or orange breast they have called it a robin. There are dozens of 'robins' around the world.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful little bird

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.