Robins feeding their nest

The robin family has brood #2 going. The nest location proves tough for lighting, as it's back under the eaves on the north side of our house.

ISO 3200
f/5.6
1/320th

300mm / f4 + 1.4TC (420mm)

Not sure who was more surprised, the parents or the babies, when both parents suddenly arrived at once. There was barely room for everyone!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you Dianne. :smile: It's a bit noisy, but was a fun capture. :smile: I feel like our new house is its own Audubon sanctuary. We've got these robins nesting, the oriole nest (already fledged), Carolina wrens who just built nest out front by my front door, and 2 pairs of hummingbirds who are raising young (though I haven't located nests yet).

Great Shot! I am amazed at how many nests you have around. We can hardly get a bird in our backyard, let alone have nests. Keep shooting as they grow.

Thank you Dianne. :smile: It's a bit noisy, but was a fun capture. :smile: I feel like our new house is its own Audubon sanctuary. We've got these robins nesting, the oriole nest (already fledged), Carolina wrens who just built nest out front by my front door, and 2 pairs of hummingbirds who are raising young (though I haven't located nests yet).
I have had two dove nests, and a neighbor had the mockingbird nest. The birds fledged so quickly. I was hoping for more pictures of the mockers, but they flew the coop before I had a chance to check on them again.

Great Shot! I am amazed at how many nests you have around. We can hardly get a bird in our backyard, let alone have nests. Keep shooting as they grow.
I'm amazed too! This house is new to us, we just moved in back in December, so its been a fun Spring/Summer of discovery around the yard. :smile: All the active nests certainly have been a fun gift, we're blessed!

I have had two dove nests, and a neighbor had the mockingbird nest. The birds fledged so quickly. I was hoping for more pictures of the mockers, but they flew the coop before I had a chance to check on them again.
Yes, I was surprised that brood #1 disappeared while I was up in Vermont last month, and the Orioles literally fledged overnight (that was a bummer!). I suspect it will only be a few days before these guys are gone.

Gretchen
that is an AWESOME shot
thanks for sharing
Glad you liked the Greg. Now to see if I can capture the wrens! :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom