Rochester (NY) Bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by stphoto, May 23, 2011.

1. The Frederick Douglass-Susan B Anthony Memorial Bridge over the Genesee River.

i-3TDtBBm-L.
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/15s, f/16, ISO 2000, EV 0, 48mm FL

Blue Hour
    i-qrnDnpr-L.
    Nikon D700/Tokina 11-16mm, 15s, f/16, ISO 200, EV 0, 16mm FL

Bench on the Genesee Riverway
    i-fVjzxt4-L.
    Nikon D700/Tokina 11-16mm, 10s, f/16, ISO 200, EV 0, 16mm FL

2. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Very nice work! Is that the DX Tokina? I have ones as well, never tried it on FX tho.

3. nice. I like the 2nd one the best, though i might have tried a tighter crop.

4. Yes, it's the Tokina 11-16mm DX f/2.8 lens. On FX, it does not vignette at 15 and 16mm. I have found a use for the 11mm for pseudo-panoramics. :smile:

Thanks, Steve. The street light just outside the left side of the frame was bothersome. I wanted the whole expanse of the bridge. I did include the light in this one.

i-2GMkmP2-L.

Unfortunately, I also included my camera bag. :tongue:

5. mpavia

mpavia

Mar 31, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Nice shot!! I need to get down to the bridge and take some pictures now that the weather is cooperating

6. If you like coal-fired oven pizza, I highly recommend Tony D's in the Corn Hill Landing complex. http://tonydsrochester.com/

7. mudfoot

mudfoot

Dec 29, 2008
    Bronx,NY
    Scott, I'm liking the first photo the best.

8. mpavia

mpavia

Mar 31, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Love Tony'Ds! Ive been there 2 or 3 times and it has been excellent each time.

9. Nice work :smile:

10. nice, but definitely like the 2nd one the best... Best colour, composition and shows off the architectural elements the best :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.