Rock climbing bikers! (Video)

That title was quite intriguing John ... until I saw that it was motorcycle trials. These guys are definitely good , but being a big moutainbike rider myself you should see the MTB guys doing the same things without a motor :wink:

Thankfully these kids are wearing brain-buckets while doing this. A lot of body damage if they get wedged down between those boulders :eek:

Julien, that is awesome!

I couldn't do this on any bike. I just don't have the balance for it. :eek:

That said, I do ride a Honda CR 500R. Some may know, but 2-stroke 500cc bikes have crazy power.

900xCR5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Old picture of my 500R. I've changed graphics now and bought lots of new stuff for it. The engine has been modded for more power as well (hi-comp cool head, bored out PWK 41mm pro by Sudco, etc).

h11small.jpg

The head... no valves, just a dome. Left is stock, center is cool head with pump gas (93oct) dome, the right is the race fuel hi-comp dome. The center domes are removable to swap around different compressions as you can see.

Stock_66cc_63cc.jpg

No valves, just carbon fiber reeds...

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

A rod in a 2-stroke 500R looks like this:

Wiseco_Hotrod.jpg

And the forged Wiseco piston...

Wiseco_piston2.jpg

Everything including crankshaft bearings...

500R_rebuild_parts2.jpg

500R_rebuild_parts4.jpg

I have to run $10 a gallon race fuel with the high comp head. I use Amsoil Dominator 2-stroke oil (to the right) in the bike. The interceptor to the left goes in my chainsaw and weed eater. LOL :redface:

C12_Amsoil.jpg

Oh, and I do ride a MTN Bike, too. A Trek Fuel to be exact. :smile: :biggrin: :cool:

You need to get that bike out in the mud more.
Just kidding, nice job of cleaning.

I just sold a Kawasaki 300KLX
When you turn 51 it's time to quit.

Greg

You need to get that bike out in the mud more.
Just kidding, nice job of cleaning.

I just sold a Kawasaki 300KLX
When you turn 51 it's time to quit.

Greg

I do... The last time I rode was at Loretta Lynn's a few months back and the mud is actually still on the bike. LOL I didn't have time to wash it and it was real cold anyway. It'll be a pain to get the mud off by now. :redface:

The first guy was really good. I liked his smooth style. Much training, lots of skill, and special bikes. Impressive stuff.

nice bike you have John, lot of money there.

Oh yeah, you'd have liked it where I went today, the "Dragon", Deals Gap. Even though it's not that kind of bike road necessarily, you could still eat it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do... The last time I rode was at Loretta Lynn's a few months back and the mud is actually still on the bike. LOL I didn't have time to wash it and it was real cold anyway. It'll be a pain to get the mud off by now. :redface:

Have you tried the HondaBrite spray on cleaner?

The first guy was really good. I liked his smooth style. Much training, lots of skill, and special bikes. Impressive stuff.

nice bike you have John, lot of money there.

Thanks, Doug!

The CR 500R is the best dirt bike I've ever owned. It has tons of power on tap that keeps the adrenalin flowing.

I've seen dyno charts of these bikes making 58-62hp and 55-60lb ft tq to the tire. They only weigh in at 230lbs, too. Now keep in mind the 2-stroke hits power and makes it fast. Even though the HP seems low, it's the TQ and how fast it makes it in the rpm band that makes them crazy to ride. It will flip over backwards in 1st-4th gear with me at 6ft1in and 200lbs if it gets traction. :eek:

Just check out this article of the Service Honda CR 500AF. :smile:

SH1.jpg

SH2.jpg

SH5.jpg

that kind of power on dirt would scare the crap out of me. I'm an old dirt boy, but most powerful bike I owned was a 175 Yamaha enduro. Great bike. I wore it out in 1500 miles, haha. Years ago, now.

here's the shot of the day for you. Deals Gap Parts tree. Maybe something there you can use...

138636558-L.jpg

that kind of power on dirt would scare the crap out of me. I'm an old dirt boy, but most powerful bike I owned was a 175 Yamaha enduro. Great bike. I wore it out in 1500 miles, haha. Years ago, now.

here's the shot of the day for you. Deals Gap Parts tree. Maybe something there you can use...

138636558-L.jpg

I've heard of deals gap, but never been to it. I'd like to go if I ever get myself another street bike. Think a Mustang GT would do any good up there? If so, maybe I'll try it out in mine. :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom