Rock of Cashel and Slane Abbey, Ireland

More from a recent trip:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Very nice presentation in black and white. I wonder how they would look with more contrast applied to raise the highlights and darken the blacks (or more clarity for more definition in the mid tones)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I especially like the last one compositionally. Also very nice processing on the all set.
I agree that is the strongest composition. I don't always see that when I'm out and am often surprised at how much better some images work - particularly after a bit of cropping. The first image clearly had some sun which is apparently a novelty in Ireland. It was very overcast and drizzly at Slane and the grays were all pretty middling so it was difficult to pull much contrast out. LR new Texture control seems to pull some detail out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are very nice!! Did you enjoy traveling with the Z6?
Thanks Terri. I only took the 24-70 and 35S as I knew this was mostly a landmark and landscape trip. We actually had amazingly good weather for Ireland - we were only in a couple light rains (one was at Slane Abbey above) but I felt pretty confident with the Z6. No complaints about either the performance or image quality of the system.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom