1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rock of Cashel and Slane Abbey, Ireland

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by MNglass, May 21, 2019.

1. More from a recent trip:
    20190514-09-53-24.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    20190514-10-17-31.jpg
    20190517-08-36-18.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Very nice presentation in black and white. I wonder how they would look with more contrast applied to raise the highlights and darken the blacks (or more clarity for more definition in the mid tones)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm a fan of the shape of the celtic cross, so I especially enjoy the last photo. The perspective of the main subject and the position of the celtic crosses in the rear work really well for me.

I see no problems with the tones on my calibrated monitor.

4. I especially like the last one compositionally. Also very nice processing on the all set.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree that is the strongest composition. I don't always see that when I'm out and am often surprised at how much better some images work - particularly after a bit of cropping. The first image clearly had some sun which is apparently a novelty in Ireland. It was very overcast and drizzly at Slane and the grays were all pretty middling so it was difficult to pull much contrast out. LR new Texture control seems to pull some detail out.

6. Wonderful set!
    Fine compositions and processing.
    My favourite is also the 3rd one! There's so much to discover.

7. Very nice. I like it!

8. Very well done. I especially like no. 3

9. When I went to Ireland years ago, I read a quote from an 18th or 19th century writer joking that if anyone displays the appearance of a tan, it's actually rust from all the rain. Or maybe that was Scotland, which I visited on the same vacation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Or it could have been Seattle :rolleyes: 

11. These are very nice!! Did you enjoy traveling with the Z6?

12. Thanks Terri. I only took the 24-70 and 35S as I knew this was mostly a landmark and landscape trip. We actually had amazingly good weather for Ireland - we were only in a couple light rains (one was at Slane Abbey above) but I felt pretty confident with the Z6. No complaints about either the performance or image quality of the system.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nicely captured. The last one stands out for me also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nice series in b&w! #3 for me also!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.