Rock Run Mill Dam - Spring

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Jim Strathearn, May 30, 2007.

1. So far, I've photographed three seasons at this old mill dam. Seabee1999 and I were supposed to get together this morning and do a shoot there but his girlfriend felt ill. David; I hope your girlfriend is feeling better. See you Saturday!

Here are a few from this morning (solo)... Let me know what you think

D2H, 18-70mm kit lens, warming filter and CP (homemade ND filter!)

Once summer gets here I can take my last shot and move on! :eek::biggrin::wink::rolleyes:
  2. Jim,

Your shots all look great. Sorry that my my girlfriend and I were not able to get down to see you. Her allergies are still flaring up. Lord willing, I will be down this Saturday to your home after my brother gets married. It might be at around 3pm until I get there.

God Bless,
  3. Very nice series, Jim. The flowing water almost looks musical!
  4. murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice group of shots Jim.

The illusion of little fountains of water within gives it a unique appearance.

5. Thanks David!

It was a nice morning for a shoot down there. It is always back lit so being able to hold the trees in the background was an added plus today...

Hope your girlfriend is feeling better. See you Saturday!
  6. Thanks David. It is a pretty nice setting, and it's always dark enough to blur the water nicely.
  7. Thanks for looking Murrey!
  8. brianw

Feb 25, 2007
    Bo'ness, Scotland
    Wow,,These are great shots,,the shafts of light across the falls are lovely,a fine series of photos,,look forward to the next set
  9. Thanks for the nice comments Brian!
  10. This is a beautiful spot and you have captured a great series. I love the striations the light makes as it cuts across the falls in #2 and #3
  11. Thanks Gordon! It is a nice spot. One of the good/bad things about it is that you pretty much gave to walk through thick thorn bushes to get to the water. This keeps a lot of people away, but makes for a precarious hike w/gear over your shoulder!
  12. Holly cow Jim,
    Those are awesome

I really need to find this place..... :smile:
  13. Thanks Bob! Just pick a day and I'll meet you there. It's about 10 minutes south of Conowingo Dam.
  14. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    So boring, Just one great shot after another:biggrin:. Couldn't you throw in a bad one to make us mortals feel better?

15. LOL! Thanks Mike! It only took me about 100 or so shots to get these few... :rolleyes: :biggrin:
  16. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Once again, great shots of the dam.
  17. Thanks Mark!
  18. haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wonderful sequence. I love seeing the different seasons. Well done!
  19. Thanks haze! One more season and I'll have them all... I just hope that the summer pic will look different then the spring pic!
  20. Very nice, Jim. Definitely a spot worth returning to. The perspective of the first shot is a nice change of pace.