Rocket boy

Wandered into my kid's room just now and there he was. Wearing his rocket pajamas and under a "tent" made from his planetarium blanket. I stuck my head under there to say hello.

Then I realized the blanket glowed from light passing through it.

D70, ISO 1600, 17-55 DX @ 17mm. Flashed fired off camera, manually, outside the blanket. A bit of neat image applied. Would have arranged a better shot, but he wasn't in the mood.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beezle,

That's a really nice moment you captured there with your son. Maybe he'll be out in the field some day shooting off rockets like the boys from October Sky.

Tom

Now there's a keeper!!

You sure captured the moment well!!
Aren't kids great subjects!

That's a keeper! Years from now, when he's a teenager and you're at your wits end with his shenannigans looking at this will help put things back in perspective.

Rich

Thanks for the kind words.

He can be serious, but I think he mostly just wasn't in the mood for his pop to be pointing a camera at him.

One of the great joys of parenthood is of course watching their personalities develop. He puts a lot of effort into really exploring and knowing the things he is interested in. This makes me very happy as I was the same when I was young.

Beezle said:
One of the great joys of parenthood is of course watching their personalities develop.
It is... for the first 12 years. The changes over the following 8 years aren't always as enjoyable. 8).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom