Rocket boy

Discussion in 'People' started by Beezle, May 8, 2005.

1. Wandered into my kid's room just now and there he was. Wearing his rocket pajamas and under a "tent" made from his planetarium blanket. I stuck my head under there to say hello.

Then I realized the blanket glowed from light passing through it.

D70, ISO 1600, 17-55 DX @ 17mm. Flashed fired off camera, manually, outside the blanket. A bit of neat image applied. Would have arranged a better shot, but he wasn't in the mood.

[​IMG]

2. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Beezle,

That's a really nice moment you captured there with your son. Maybe he'll be out in the field some day shooting off rockets like the boys from October Sky.

Tom

3. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Now there's a keeper!!

You sure captured the moment well!!
    Aren't kids great subjects!

4. That's a keeper! Years from now, when he's a teenager and you're at your wits end with his shenannigans looking at this will help put things back in perspective.

Rich

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Awesome shot Beezle

I think it's perfect, a perfect memory, and well done to boot!

6. A serious young man. Very cute.

7. Thanks for the kind words.

He can be serious, but I think he mostly just wasn't in the mood for his pop to be pointing a camera at him.

One of the great joys of parenthood is of course watching their personalities develop. He puts a lot of effort into really exploring and knowing the things he is interested in. This makes me very happy as I was the same when I was young.

8. It is... for the first 12 years. The changes over the following 8 years aren't always as enjoyable. 8).

9. I can just imagine. :wink:

Unfortunately for my boys, I'll be in my late 50s and probably grumpy. :twisted:

10. Awe, he has such a sweet face. Nice picture!! :D :D :D

11. What a creative photo. Well done.